Warning this only works for uSkyBlock versions up to 2.6.17. After that, versions (2.7.x) do not work.
A converter for uSkyblock to aSkyblock.
This plugin converts files between the uSkyblock files and aSkyblock plugin. It is easy to use and low-risk because no changes are made to your uSkyblock folder or world.
- Enables uSkyblock plugin users to transition to aSkyblock
- One command usage - uaconvert
- Keeps current uSkyblock world
- VERY FAST
- Back up everything! Just in case - no changes are made to the world or uSkyblock folders.
- Keep players off the server or do the conversion on a copy of your server.
- Download askyblock.jar and place in your in plugins folder.
- Start server - this will create the askyblock folders and files and the askyblock world and nether. VERY IMPORTANT.
- Stop the server.
- Remove askyblock.jar and uskyblock.jar from the plugins folder. The converter will not run if these plugins are active.
- Remove the *world* folders (not plugin folders) askyblock and askyblock_nether because askyblock will use you uSkyblock world after conversion.
- Make a copy of askyblock's config.yml for reference later.
- Place this plugin uaconv.jar in the plugins folder and start the server.
- Did you remember to back up? Good.
- If you run a 100% offline server then type uaconvert offline in the console, otherwise type uaconvert.
- Did nothing happen? If so, look through your console and find out why the plugin was disabled - it will tell you why. Correct that and reload.
- Did you get UUID errors? That may be due to Mojang thinking you are DDOSing them - try a different machine or time. Alternatively, it could be that you cannot connect to Mojang.
- After it is complete (see below for what it does and does not do), stop the server.
- Look through the console log and see what happened. It tries to explain what went on. You may want to save the log for later.
- Remove uaconv.jar.
- Copy askyblock.jar back into the plugins folder.
- Check askyblock's config.yml to make sure it's correct and how you like. When it is converted, the comments are lost so use the copy from #5 for reference.
- If you want a different starter island to the default one, then replace island.schematic. Note there are rules about what it must have to be acceptable. (See here for a How To).
- (optional) Have a look in plugins/ASkyBlock/players and see that it is full of player files - it should be. (Note that all files in the ASkyBlock/islands folder are zero length - just file names)
- Restart the server
- (optional) Follow the set up instructions in the main plugin page, like checking the nether, establishing a spawn etc.
- Write a glowing review, or donate a few bucks so little Jenny can get shoes this year.
- You are done!
What is and is not converted
The following will be converted:
What is not converted:
- The uSkyBlock world - actually, nothing has to change here.
- config.yml settings for: world name, chest items, reset cool down timer, distance between islands, protection range, island height, island level, max team size, remove creatures by teleport and whether PVP is allowed or not.
- Island data for: island owner and team members, island location, home location of each player.
- UUID's for each player - this is done by asking Mojang for UUID's or making them locally for offline players.
- Challenges - the challenges are different and I've no idea what customization you may have done to them. As a result all challenges are reset for players. This may result in a mini boon for players as they yet again get to finish the cobble challenge (woohoo).
- Bonus chest items - I don't have this option in askyblock - just the basic.
- Level calculations - A Skyblock calculates levels differently to uSkyblock - it's similar, but will result in different level values. Although the levels are copied over, as soon as a player types /is level it will be recalculated the A Skyblock way.
- A few other misc settings, like island lock, use/not use top ten, which don't exist in askyblock.
- This plugin has successfully converted a number of large worlds, but I've learned that there are a lot of different setups out there. Please let me know how it goes. At no point will the uSkyblock world or config files be altered, so this is a low-risk test.
Convert uSkyblock files to aSkyblock!