Welcome to VarLight
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
VarLight Allows you to turn most blocks into light sources.
- Right click with Glowstone Dust (customizable) to increase light level by 1. (This will consume one Dust if not in creative mode)
- Left click with Glowstone Dust (customizable) to decrease light level by 1.
- Breaking a Light source with Silk Touch with drop a Glowing version of the block.
- When placed, a new light source will automatically be created.
- Breaking a Light source without silk touch or with fortune will drop Glowstone Dust (customizable).
Report Bugs on the Github Issues Page
All commands have TAB-Completion
- /varlight config: Edit Configuration
- /varlight save: Save Custom Light sources
- /varlight update: Create a custom light source at a given position
- /varlight fill: Fill a large region with light sources
- /varlight clear: Remove Custom Light sources in a Chunk or Region
- /varlight stepsize: Edit the amount of Light levels increased/decreased with a single right/left click
- /varlight debug: Debug commands
Use /varlight help <subcommand> to get more info about a certain command
A Commands Wiki Page is currently in the Making
Russian Showcase Video by @DarkSumrak (Plugin Version: 1.12.5)
You can donate using the button below:
Turn normal blocks into Light Sources
It came from Addlight.
I think it's a very good plugin.
I also want to illuminate the player's head, fence, glass, etc.I have confirmed the comment that if you break the block by shining glass etc., it will remain as it is.In that case, I would like you to be able to set it from the config etc.I like to use the floating state in Addlight. I look forward to working with you.
We've utilized this plug-in for a week, before it started to cause lag in the areas where it was used moderately. Even resetting the area's original light-levels, via the commands, did not solve the problem - untill we disabled the plug-in.
Alas, an inopprtune end to what could have been a great asset to our server.
LOVE this plugin Im having a bug ive only seen twice in 500 hours of use..where lighted areas with varlight bug out and dont appear lighted (mobs dont spawn but visually there is no light from anything lighted with plugin) it causes bad fps drop and is an eye sore for what SHOULD be lighted