Welcome to VarLight
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
VarLight Allows you to turn most blocks into light sources.
- Right click with Glowstone Dust (customizable) to increase light level by 1. (This will consume one Dust if not in creative mode)
- Left click with Glowstone Dust (customizable) to decrease light level by 1.
- Breaking a Light source with Silk Touch with drop a Glowing version of the block.
- When placed, a new light source will automatically be created.
- Breaking a Light source without silk touch or with fortune will drop Glowstone Dust (customizable).
Report Bugs on the Github Issues Page
All commands have TAB-Completion
- /varlight config: Edit Configuration
- /varlight save: Save Custom Light sources
- /varlight update: Create a custom light source at a given position
- /varlight fill: Fill a large region with light sources
- /varlight stepsize: Edit the amount of Light levels increased/decreased with a single right/left click
- /varlight debug: Debug commands
Use /varlight help <subcommand> to get more info about a certain command
# VARLIGHT PLUGIN CONFIGURATION
# Please refer to the wiki for more information: https://github.com/flori-schwa/VarLight/wiki
You can donate using the button below:
Turn normal blocks into Light Sources
- Bugfix May 9, 2020
- Command refactoring and WorldEdit/WorldGuard support May 9, 2020
- Bugfixes and Improvements May 8, 2020
The plugin is absolutely great, does exactly what I want it too :)
I know it would probably be a ton of work but if eventually the "region" could be set using world edit that would be phenominal.
Thanks again, for all the hard work and for helping me get oriented in it's use :)
Hello, it SEEMS like a great plugin. However, I am having difficulty working on my server (Java 1.15.2 version) In addition, your guide to do this isn't working at all. It's hard to understand or the plugin isn't working at all. In-game - here's what it says: [VarLight] Could not parse command: String index out of range: 10 at position 20: ....pdate 3881<--[HERE]...
Can you contact me via discord? CalebCBubba#9767 so you can help me or create a better understanding video than the current one? Thank you so much.