The Official Chat Plugin of VENTUREMC
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
VentureChat is a do-it-all chat plugin rated as the #1 Bukkit chat resource on Spigot. Much of what makes VentureChat so great is its versatility. VentureChat functions extremely well on all types of servers - big or small - Bukkit or Bungee. The plugin also has a bunch of configurable and toggleable special features, including a Moderation GUI, mute management, JSON hovers, nicknames, channels, Bungee/network channels, grouped server channels, private channels, placeholders (lots of placeholder capabilities) and much more. If it involves chat, VentureChat can do it.
Additional Planned Features
- Channels system for a controlled chat: Players can join channels they want to hear and leave channels they don't want to hear.
- JSON formatting: Hover messages over the players prefix and name are now configurable based on custom JSON groups in the config.
- Muting: You can mute players in a channel, optionally for a time in minutes, or all channels at once.
- Proxy muting: You can mute players on any server in the network through the bungeecord proxy.
- Forcing: You can force a player or all players to send messages or run commands.
- Channel permissions: You can make channels with permissions. Ex: Staff channels or donator channels.
- Channel distances: You can configure a distance for players to hear a channel. Ex: A town or local channel
- Channel cooldowns: You can set a cooldown time in seconds for a channel for a cooldown between a player sending a message. There is a bypass permission for cooldowns.
- BungeeCord channels: You can have a channel send its messages to other servers in a BungeeCord network.
- Towny formatting: You can choose to use Towny prefixes like towns nations and the Towny titles.
- Jobs formatting: You can choose to use the job titles from the Jobs plugin.
- Colors for channels and chat: You can set 2 colors for each channel, the color for the channels tag and a color for the color of the chat in that channel.
- Chat filter: You can setup a chat filter in the config to filter out vulgar words or anything you want.
- Quick chat: Players can use /channel [message] to send a message into that channel without switching into it.
- Party chat: Players can join parties and create private groups.
- Supports Vault for player prefixes: Any permissions plugin that works with vault will work with this plugin.
- In game configuration editing: You can edit the configuration in game and it will automatically reload the plugin for instant updates.
- Anti spam: You can choose to use the anti spam which automatically mutes spammers.
- Custom formatting: You can either use the default channel, party, and messaging formats, or make your own with the format feature.
- Towny channels: If you have towny installed, create channels called Town and Nation and they will become towny channels.
- VanishNoPacket support: If you have VanishNoPacket installed, private messaging will be disabled to vanished players.
- Cross server messaging: The plugin can be installed into the bungeecord plugins folder to add cross server messaging.
- MySQL logging: You can optionally use a MySQL database to log all chat and commands from the server.
- BungeeCord synchronization: Mutes and channel data from BungeeCord channels, along with spy and commandspy settings will be automatically synchronized throughout the network
- PlaceholderAPI Placeholders: All PlaceholderAPI placeholders will work in the chat format, JSON formatting, and moderation GUI.
- Commandspy custom formats
Request others in the DISCUSSION not in reviews.
- More BungeeCord synchronization
- Customizable messages
Commands and Permissions are displayed on the GitHub repository - available HERE.
Code (Text):Other Permissions:
venturechat.message.bypass #Allows you to hover over <removed messages> and read it
- This plugin requires Vault, ProtocolLib and PlaceholderAPI to be installed. VentureChat does NOT work with EssentialsChat, please ensure that you do not have EssentialsChat installed.
- Simply drag the VentureChat.jar into your plugins folder.
- To use the cross server messaging, simply drag the VentureChat.jar into the BungeeCord plugins folder as well.
- After installing the .jar files, restart the server(s)/proxy.
- Using the config in the "VentureChat" folder generated by the jar, you can change the default values to your liking and setup channels and formats. Included are some basic default channels to display possibilities, but feel free to create your own. Detailed guides on the VentureChat config are available on the wiki.
DiscordSRV and PurpleIRC support VentureChat. Check our their respective plugin pages to download and setup them up.
For further assistance, ask in the discussion or visit the wiki!
MineverseChat API Port - install this along with VentureChat if you use a plugin that depends on the MineverseChat API. You probably won't need this ever!
If you need help or have any questions about VentureChat, they will promptly be answered in the Discussion. Please include your config and logs in order to get a swift and accurate response. Kindly do not ask for help in the reviews.
For helpful guides and the FAQ, visit the VentureChat Wiki
If you have questions or issues with installing or using VentureChat, please ask in the discussion instead of the reviews section.
#1 Channels Chat plugin! Spigot + Bungee. Supports PlaceholderAPI + JSON formatting. Moderation GUI!
Awesome plugin! One feature suggestion though: may we have some more options for party chat? Can we get the ability to invite players to the party, or make a party invite only?
Also if we are going that route, make it so you automatically start a party when inviting someone? Thank you so much :D
The plugin is good. It has a lot of great features, as explained on the page. I really like the hover messages. VentureChat is like a lot of basic plugins merged up together in a good way. Keep up doing the great work on it.
The missing star goes to the lack of skill from the developer to simplify answers and comments when helping its users. Some of us don’t do scripts or coding and that’s something they need to understand. There’s a reason we use their plugin and don’t just make our own. A modest and friendly developer is a key part of the plugin itself and, at this moment, seems to be one of the only flaws of VentureChat.
Venture chat will format your chat, but that's about as much as I can say about it. It lacks very simple features, and asking for help will get you nowhere fast. I'm sure this is a nice plugin for giant bungee servers who just need simple chat functionality, but it's not the answer for small to medium size servers that want better quality of life features, such as being able to message other players using partial names, or use prefixes in private messages.
There are no other chat plugins that come close to this as a bungee chat plugin. This plugin is your one-stop all-in-one does-everything chat plugin for bungee.. supports towny, factions, local chat supports placeholder-api [so basically everything], channels galore.. vault.. prefixes.. permission groups.. servernames.. and thats just chat formatting without mentioning anything else. spent days looking for a chat plugin for my server.. one after the other all crap plugins, then i found this and its just 12 out of 5 stars. only thing i could ask for as a feature is online/offline bungee messages and server switching messages.