Changes in 1.2.2:
- Fixed SpigotTickHook not registering.
- Plugin now checks if Paper's no-tick and per-world view distance API is implemented before using it. This is mostly to ensure the plugin still works if the API is not re-implemented after an update (such as the case of per-player view distance post 1.13).
View Distance Tweaks [1.14-1.16] 1.2.2
Dynamic per-world view distances, giving a better balance of gameplay and performance.
Changes in 1.2.1:
- Fix NPE when reloading on Spigot.
- No longer suggest or display the set-no-tick command when using Spigot.
- Fix issue with command permission hierarchy.
Changes in 1.2.0:
- Added command to manually set the view distance / no-tick view distance of a world for a given duration.
- No longer receive Illegal reflective access warnings on startup.
- Added custom chart to bStats for adjustment modes.
Changes in 1.1.2:
- No longer change no-tick view distance on startup if disabled in the config.
- Add note about chunk counts in /vdt status (the chunk counts there are only heuristic; in general they will be lower than the actual number of loaded chunks on the server).
- Fix typo in command.
Changes in 1.1.1:
- On plugin startup/reload the view distance of each world will now be moved to the configured minimum or maximum if not already between the two values.
- No longer display the number of chunks loaded by the no-tick view distance if using Spigot (it's always zero).
- Fix NPE on reload when using Spigot.
- Some optimisations for when exclude-overlap is set to true in the chunk-counter settings.
This update adds a few features that people have recommended
Changes in 1.1.0:
- Added 'reactive' mode for adjusting view distance based on TPS.
- Added 'mixed' mode for adjusting the view distance based on chunk count and TPS - this is the new default mode.
- Renamed the current adjustment mode to 'proactive' mode.
- Added options for adjusting no-tick view distance if you're using Paper.
- Added option to not double count overlapping chunks if players are near...
This is a simple update to provide compatibility in anticipation of Paper receiving no-tick view distance.
I will be looking at adding options for varying view distance based on TPS and options for adjusting no-tick view distance soon(-ish).