Have a cool server, but wish more people could see it from the comfort of their web browser? WebSandboxMC allows modern web browsers to view and interact with a small part of your server's world using WebGL and HTML5 technologies:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Exposes a small piece of your server to web users, with configurable location and dimensions
- Web users can place/break blocks, and see server block changes in realtime
- Web users can send/receive chat, and other users can see their chat messages
- Web users can see players on your server and other web users move and rotate
- Sheep are spawned with custom names and track the web users movements
WebSandboxMC embeds a copy of NetCraft, online demo: https://satoshinm.github.io/NetCraft/ (you can connect to a WebSandboxMC server by typing /online servername)
Official test servers: feel free to stop by and say hello! (chat is enabled)
- https://netcraft.beerprojects.com - new (2017/05/29) faster test server, Minecraft client connections enabled, as well as ThinkMap and Dynmap! (config source)
- http://netcraft.herokuapp.com (slow, temporary) - Note: if no one is currently online, the server will take a few minutes to startup. This test server is web-only, and is not persisted to disk.
Once the plugin is installed, visit the URL printed in the server log on startup to load the client and automatically connect to your server.
v1.0 released. 100+ total downloads, thank to everyone for their support! If you have a server running WebSandboxMC open to the public, and want it listed here as an example server, please let me know.
Release downloads: https://github.com/satoshinm/WebSandboxMC/releases
Issue tracker: https://github.com/satoshinm/WebSandboxMC/issues
Disclaimer: This plugin is early in development, there may be bugs and/or missing features. Use at your own risk, but high-quality issue reports and code contributions very welcome.
Web-based client providing an interactive glimpse of a part of your server using WebGL/HTML5