WGamemode 2 is a plugin that allows server admins to set automatic gamemode rules for WorldGuard regions.
When a player enters a WGamemode-managed region, their gamemode will be automatically updated to the region's set gamemode, and when they leave, they will return to their original gamemode.
This is a rewritten implementation of the WGamemode plugin written by Sinnoh, who appears to have left the MC scene in 2012.
WGamemode 2 is free & open-source software licensed under the LGPLv3 (or, at your option, any later version.) The source code is hosted on Github.
This plugin requires that you install WorldEdit 6+ and WorldGuard 6.1+ on your server.
Tested with Spigot 1.8.8 only, though it should work with earlier 1.8 versions too.
Warning: This plugin may not work as desired with overlapping regions. Do not add regions that overlap others to WGamemode's list.
You don't have to manually configure any settings in the plugin's config.yml file, but you can if you want.
This plugin has three settings:
An example is provided here. That same example is also automatically generated in your server's plugins directory when the plugin is run for the first time.
- regions: This is an associative array of WorldGuard regions that WGamemode should manage. The key is the region name, and the value is the gamemode that region should have.
- stopItemDrop: Boolean (true/false). Prevents item drops in WGamemode-managed regions. Default is false.
- announceGamemodeChange: Boolean (true/false). The plugin will tell players when they are entering or exiting a WGamemode-managed region. Default is true.
And it has two in-game commands that do what you expect:
- /wgadd [region] [gamemode] - Adds a region to WGamemode's region list.
- Permission: wgamemode.add
- /wgremove [region] - Removes a region from WGamemode's region list.
- Permission: wgamemode.remove