- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Full list of Commands and Permissions
- Fill and Trim details
- Further Misc. Info and API
- Older BukkitDev page (MC 1.12.2 & older releases)
NOTE: This plugin is no longer being supported. I just don't have the time or interest for it at this point. People are welcome to make their own forks of the project and continue it. The source is under the extremely permissive BSD license and as long as you maintain a link back to the original project somewhere (even in a text file somewhere in the project), you're welcome to do what you like with it.
Thanks to the following people who were kind enough to donate in the past: jonDatz, xrobau, Gussi, Dizzy, R. Meijer, FoundationCraft, T. Bronner, R. Thompson, The Pokemon Server, legitplay.net, D. Senff, Vik1395, TagCraftMC, D. Strickner, M. Wilson, Rhythmatic, W. Downey, P. V. Gretener, MiniCraft Server, Cosmic Craft, ScarcityFree.com, polaris_iv (Forge port), matagin, T. Ahokas, D. Dean.
Also thanks to IMathe172I (Lang Lukas) for contributing code to support elliptic and rectangular border shapes, and Indiv0 for contributing code to support border wrapping.
This plugin is intended to efficiently provide a border for each of your worlds, which only people granted special bypass access are allowed beyond. These borders can be round/elliptic or square/rectangular. As the plugin has been written with performance as the most important goal, it should have no performance impact on your server. Additional world trimming and filling commands are available as well.
Older plugins which originally inspired the creation of this one: rBorder and BorderGuard.
- You can set up a separate border for each world, but only one border per world.
- You can have either round/elliptic or square/rectangular borders. Square/rectangular borders are slightly higher performance, round/elliptic borders make for nicer display maps. Different worlds can have different border shapes if you so choose.
- Configuration and border setup is done completely using commands in-game or through the server console. No need to ever edit the config file directly.
- Support for all permission plugins which interface with Bukkit's built-in "superperms" permission system.
- You can fully generate (fill) your world all the way to the border, filling in any missing chunks, including a configurable buffer zone just outside your border.
- You can trim off any world chunks beyond the border, getting rid of extraneous parts, with a configurable buffer zone left just outside your border.
- You can use a bypass command to allow specific players to go beyond all borders.
- Borders can be automatically displayed in DynMap if you use that plugin.
- All plugin data is automatically saved whenever any borders or settings are changed.
- If a player crosses a border while in a vehicle, the momentum of the vehicle is stopped and it is moved back inside the border with the player.
- When a player is moved back inside a border, they will be moved to a safe vertical location if needed.
- Borders for specific worlds can be set to wrap around instead of just knocking back players who cross the border, instead sending them to the opposite edge of the border.
Of special interest are the Fill command and the Trim command features:
Borders are also displayed automatically by default in DynMap if you have it:
WorldBorder 1.9.10 (beta)
a feature-rich world size limiting plugin, which can also generate or trim a world to your border
- 1.14 compatible release with async chunk gen for Paper May 24, 2019
- 1.9.9 (beta) - async chunk generation support for Paper May 1, 2019
- Version 1.9.0 Sep 16, 2018