- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Full list of Commands and Permissions
- Fill and Trim details
- Further Misc. Info and API
- Older BukkitDev page (MC 1.12.2 & older releases)
Since Spigot is the continuation of Bukkit, I've finally gotten around to setting up a page for WorldBorder here.
If you appreciate this plugin and actually want to see it developed further by me rather than only receiving compatibility updates, you are welcome to .
Thanks to the following people who have been kind enough to donate: jonDatz, xrobau, Gussi, Dizzy, R. Meijer, FoundationCraft, T. Bronner, R. Thompson, The Pokemon Server, legitplay.net, D. Senff, Vik1395, TagCraftMC, D. Strickner, M. Wilson, Rhythmatic, W. Downey, P. V. Gretener, MiniCraft Server, Cosmic Craft, ScarcityFree.com, polaris_iv (Forge port), matagin, T. Ahokas.
Also thanks to IMathe172I (Lang Lukas) for contributing code to support elliptic and rectangular border shapes, and Indiv0 for contributing code to support border wrapping.
This plugin is intended to efficiently provide a border for each of your worlds, which only people granted special bypass access are allowed beyond. These borders can be round/elliptic or square/rectangular. As the plugin has been written with performance as the most important goal, it should have no performance impact on your server. Additional world trimming and filling commands are available as well.
Older plugins which originally inspired the creation of this one: rBorder and BorderGuard.
- You can set up a separate border for each world, but only one border per world.
- You can have either round/elliptic or square/rectangular borders. Square/rectangular borders are slightly higher performance, round/elliptic borders make for nicer display maps. Different worlds can have different border shapes if you so choose.
- Configuration and border setup is done completely using commands in-game or through the server console. No need to ever edit the config file directly.
- Support for all permission plugins which interface with Bukkit's built-in "superperms" permission system.
- You can fully generate (fill) your world all the way to the border, filling in any missing chunks, including a configurable buffer zone just outside your border.
- You can trim off any world chunks beyond the border, getting rid of extraneous parts, with a configurable buffer zone left just outside your border.
- You can use a bypass command to allow specific players to go beyond all borders.
- Borders can be automatically displayed in DynMap if you use that plugin.
- All plugin data is automatically saved whenever any borders or settings are changed.
- If a player crosses a border while in a vehicle, the momentum of the vehicle is stopped and it is moved back inside the border with the player.
- When a player is moved back inside a border, they will be moved to a safe vertical location if needed.
- Borders for specific worlds can be set to wrap around instead of just knocking back players who cross the border, instead sending them to the opposite edge of the border.
Of special interest are the Fill command and the Trim command features:
Borders are also displayed automatically by default in DynMap if you have it:
WorldBorder 1.9.10 (beta)
a feature-rich world size limiting plugin, which can also generate or trim a world to your border
- 1.14 compatible release with async chunk gen for Paper May 24, 2019
- 1.9.9 (beta) - async chunk generation support for Paper May 1, 2019
- Version 1.9.0 Sep 16, 2018
This plugin is a very useful tool both for keeping players from using excessive server resources and setting bounds to gameplay.
Originally I was looking for a plugin to regenerate world beyond certain areas and also get rid of large unused save files, but I found this plugin and was not disappointed, because it not only let me regenerate map in a nice circle shape, but also now helps me to keep players from aimlessly wandering the world and forces them to settle in a limited area instead.
10/10, waiting for 1.15.2 support!
Excellent plugin but sadly hasn’t been updated in eight months, so it doesn’t work properly in 1.15.2.
For 1.15.2, I recommend that you check out ChunkMaster or Fast Chunk Pregenerator instead. They don’t let you create world borders, but you can use a vanilla world border and pre-generate chunks within that border.
Brettflan, if you’ve lost motivation, I—and, I’m sure, lots of other people as well—wouldn’t mind if you made this a premium resource. It’s an astonishing and highly useful plugin, and I wouldn’t mind paying for it at all!
For the time being, though, I’m going to use one of the alternatives that I mentioned earlier.
Amazing plugin been using it for years
1.15 is a little buggy and keeps crashing and sometimes during fill command, it doesn't recover but it isn't updated for 1.15 yet so I can't give it a bad rating for not working on a version it's not even meant for
Obviously, this isn't the crash but the server will randomly just restart after that and won't continue filling when it comes back on, unfortunately.