- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Rojetto and ZathrusWriter
- Languages Supported:
- You can translate messages in the config.yml
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer (WESV) is essentially the famous WorldEditCUI mod in the form of a bukkit plugin, which means that players don't need to install anything on their client.
- Spawns particles around WorldEdit selections so players can see them
- No client mod required
- Supports cuboid, sphere, ellipsoid, cylinder, polygon and convex selections
- Supports polyhedral selections with FastAsyncWorldEdit
- Can display the current clipboard (use /wesv toggle clipboard to enable)
- Use /wesv toggle to toggle the visualizer
- Option to only show the selection when holding the selection item
- Configurable particle effect and view distance
- Prevent players from spawning too many particles when selecting huge regions
- Highly customizable for the performance of your server
- Great compatibility: works with 1.7.10 to 1.16 servers, with WorldEdit 6 and 7, and with or without FastAsyncWorldEdit
- PlaceholderAPI support (you can use the placeholders %wesv_toggled_selection% and %wesv_toggled_clipboard%)
See more screens
- /wesv toggle: Toggle your selection visualizer.
- /wesv toggle clipboard: Toggle your selection visualizer.
- /wesv reload: Reload the configuration from your config.yml file
- wesv.toggle: for the toggle command
- wesv.use: allows the visualizer to be turned on
- wesv.reload: allows the configuration of this plugin to be reloaded from the config.yml file
This plugin can be very resource expensive, try adjusting the configuration if you experience lag.
Code (YAML):# WorldEditSelectionVisualizer configuration
# When enabled, if a new update is available it will display a message in the console on start
# You can edit the plugin messages here
no-permissions: "&cYou don't have the permission to use this command"
config-reloaded: "&aThe config was reloaded"
selection-too-large: "&6The visualizer only works with selections up to a size of %blocks% blocks"
visualizer-enabled: "&6Your visualizer has been &eenabled."
visualizer-disabled: "&6Your visualizer has been &cdisabled."
visualizer-clipboard-enabled: "&6Your clipboard visualizer has been &eenabled&6."
visualizer-clipboard-disabled: "&6Your clipboard visualizer has been &cdisabled&6."
# When enable, if a player disable the selection visualization and leave the server, when he will
# come back, the selection visualization will be still disable until he activate it again with /wesv toggle
# Delay in ticks when the WorldEdit selection and clipboard are updated
# This do not affect particles spawning and players performances
# The server impact is medium
# When enabled, the particles are display only when holding the WorldEdit selection wand item (by default a wooden axe)
# You can change the WorldEdit wand item in the WorldEdit configuration
# When enabled, top and bottom particles will be displayed
# Settings for visualization
# 'selection': The WorldEdit current selection
# 'clipboard': The WorldEdit clipboard (when you use //copy or //schem load )
# 'primary': The primary selection points (the region borders)
# 'secondary': The primary selection points,
# 'fade-delay': The number of seconds before the particles disappears. You can set it to 0 to remove the fade delay
# 'max-selection-size' : The maximum size of a selection to be display
# 'points-distance': The distance between each particles. The higher this number is, less particles will be spawn
# 'update-interval': The delay in ticks between particles spawn. This impact the players performances
# 'view-distance': The maximum distance in which players can see the particles. On 1.7.10 the particle distance is limited to 16 (Minecraft limitation)
# 'particles': The particles type and data. The data can be a color for redstone like in the form 'r,g,b' or a Material for block crack/item crack
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer is sponsored by ApexHosting.
Bugs and suggestions
Please don't post bugs or suggestions in the review section, but please open an issue on GitHub, or on the discussion page.
If you just have a question, you can ask it in the discussion page or on my Discord server.
And if you like this plugin you can leave a review or star the GitHub project.
Original Author Credits
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer (WESV) has been originally created by rojet601. Since this user's gone inactive since November 2015 and the plug-in contains some errors, ZathrusWriter decided to release an 1.8. forward-compatible version with those errors fixed.
Change of Ownership (16/9/2018)
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer is now maintained by me (MrMicky)
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer collects statistics anonymously via bStats. You can see the statistics here: https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/WorldEditSelectionVisualizer. If you want to disable bStats, you just need to set enabled to false in plugins/bStats/config.yml.
Please don't post bugs, questions or suggestions in the review section, but please open an issue on GitHub, or on the discussion page or on my Discord server.
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer [1.7.10-1.16.x] 2.0.8
Visualize your WorldEdit selection with particles and without any mod.
- PlaceholderAPI support and performances improvements Mar 19, 2021
- Improve performances with WorldEdit 7.2.x Dec 21, 2020
- Fix max selection size for selections with more than 46 340 blocks Aug 29, 2020