For 1.13 servers: you need to use WorldEdit 7.0.0 Beta 1
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- rojet601 and ZathrusWriter
- Languages Supported:
- All (you can translate messages in the config.yml)
Original Author Credits
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer (WESV) has been originally created by rojet601. Since this user's gone inactive since November 2015 and the plug-in contains some errors, ZathrusWriter decided to release an 1.8. forward-compatible version with those errors fixed.
Change of Ownership (16/9/2018)
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer is now maintained by me (MrMicky) because ZathrusWriter don't code for Minecraft anymore.
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer (WESV) is essentially the famous WorldEditCUI mod in the form of a bukkit plugin, which means that players don't need to install anything on their client.
- Spawns particles around WorldEdit selections so players can see them
- No client mod required
- Supports cuboid, sphere, ellipsoid, cylinder, polygon and convex selections
- Supports Polyhedral and Fuzzy regions when FastAsyncWorldEdit is install
- Use /wesv to toggle the visualizer
- Option to only show the selection when holding the selection item
- Configurable particle effect
- Force large particle distances to see your selection from far away
- Prevent players from spawning too many particles when selecting huge regions
- Highly customizable for the performance of your server
- /wesv: Toggle your selection visualizer.
- /wesv reload: Reload the configuration from your config.yml file
- wesv.toggle: for the toggle command
- wesv.use: allows the visualizer to be turned on
- wesv.reloadconfig: allows the configuration of this plugin to be reloaded from the config.yml file
This plugin can be very resource expensive, try adjusting the configuration if you experience lag or clients being kicked.
- particleDistance: The maximum distance in which players can see the displayed particles Higher numbers might mean slightly more lag. On 1.7 the particle distance is limited to 16 (Minecraft limitation)
- maxSize: If a selection contains more blocks than maxSize it won't be visualized. This is to prevent players from crashing by selecting huge regions and spawning too much particles.
- checkForAxe: Should the selection only get displayed while the player is holding the WorldEdit selection item (usually a wooden axe).
- particleEffect: The type of particle that is used to display the selection. Valid options are listed here. If the particle name can't be recognized, the plugin will fall back to "reddust".
- horizontalLinesFor(Cuboid|Polygon|Cylinder|Ellipsoid): Enables horizontal filling lines that make the selection clearer. With this option disabled the WESV only spawns particles at the edges of the selection.
- gapBetweenPoints: The gap in blocks between particles when rendering lines. Higher numbers mean less particles in total.
- verticalGap: The gap in blocks between the horizontal filling lines. Higher numbers mean less particles in total.
- updateSelectionInterval: The interval in ticks in which the plugin looks if the selection of anyone has changed. Higher numbers mean that players have to wait longer before their new selection is displayed to them.
- updateParticlesInterval: The interval in ticks in which the particles are refreshed (because they decay). Higher numbers mean less lag but it will probably look awful.
Bugs and suggestions
Please don't post bugs or suggestions in the review section, but please open an issue on GitHub.
If you just have a question, you can ask it in the discussion page or on my Discord server.
And if you like this plugin you can leave a review or star the GitHub project.
WorldEditSelectionVisualizer collects statistics anonymously via bStats. You can see the statistics here: https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/WorldEditSelectionVisualizer. If you want to disable bStats, you just need to set enabled to false in plugins/bStats/config.yml, but statistics are really useful for developers.
Visualize your WorldEdit selection with particles and without any mod
- Top and bottom particles, FAWE regions, optimisations and more Oct 19, 2018
- 1.13 compatibility and plugin ownership change Sep 16, 2018
- Custom Reddust Colors + FastAsyncWorldEdit fix Jul 20, 2018