I've seen many people who want to make sure people register on XenForo with a valid minecaft username, but that does not do anything. Minecraft usersnames are widely available with just a quick google, and anyone can easily obtain thousands within minutes.
====How does it work?====
When a user joins the minecraft server, the plugin will record their username, UUID, and IP into a MySQL database. When a user registers for XenForo, a PHP script will check the database to see if the username is related to the current visitor's IP. In case of dynamic IP's, the plugin will update the user's ip every time they log in.
Installation Difficulty: Easy
Please make sure you have mod_cloudflare installed if you are behind cloudflare! This addon relies on seeing the real IP's of your visitor!
- Download and unzip XenMC.zip
- Upload XenMC.jar to your server
- Restart your server, and edit XenMC/config.yml to match your XenForo database settings (Make sure your server has access to the database!)
- Navigate to ACP -> Addons -> Install Addon
- Choose "Install from uploaded file", use the file XenForo/addon-XenMC.xml
- Install the Addon
Ensure people use their Minecraft username when registering for XenForo