- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- 3ricL (Ericdebouwer)
- Languages Supported:
- You can translate everything in the configuration!
This plugin is inspired by a recent video of Dream, called “Minecraft, But It’s a Zombie Apocalypse”. I have made this work myself and am I no way affiliated with Dream.
With this plugin you can toggle the ZombieApocalypse for each world! Once it has started all monsters will be replaced with custom zombies. There are currently 8 different types of custom zombies and I plan on making more! Every zombie also has a custom spawn egg, so you can test them out. Of course this plugin has full text configurability and command auto-completion. It also has many settings and a command based management system, allowing you to very easily tweak it to fit into your server perfectly!
Inspiration for this plugin
Stop your server. Download the jar file from the top of this page and put it in your plugins folder. Restart your server and you are done! If you want you can change the values from the config.yml file at any time. Use the reload command (see below) for your changes to take effect.
The command /apocalypse manages the zombie apocalypse and can be abbreviated to /apo. These commands can also be used in console, in which case they always require a world name.
The command /zombie allows you to get spawn eggs and spawners for the new types of zombies.
- /apocalypse start [world_name] - Start the zombie apocalypse in the specified world. If you don’t provide a world name, it will do this for your current world. If the world is of type nether, it will spawn pig zombies instead of normal zombies if configured! This apocalypse will go on until it is ended by command.
- /apocalypse start <world_name> <duration> - Start the zombie apocalypse in the specified world for a given duration in minutes. After this time, the apocalypse will be ended automatically. Here you have to specify the name of the world too!
- /apocalypse end [world_name] - End the zombie apocalypse in the specified world. If you don’t provide a world name, it will do this for your current world.
- /apocalypse setlimit <world_name> <amount> - Set the maximum amount of zombies that can spawn per chunk in that world (also known as the mob cap). This is 70 by default.
- /apocalypse reload - Reload the configuration of this plugin.
- /zombie egg <zombie_type> - Get a spawn egg of the specified zombie type. If the egg is used in a nether world, it will spawn a pig zombie of its custom type (configurable).
- /zombie spawner <zombie_type> - Get a monster spawner for the specified zombie type, which will work regardless of the apocalypse. If you also use SilkSpawners, my plugin will hook into it to make its spawners mineable.
- apocalypse.* (default: false) - Gives a player all permissions stated below
- apocalypse.manage (default: op) - Allows a player to use the /apocalypse command
- apocalypse.command (default: op).- Allows a player to use the /zombie command to get spawn eggs
The configuration has a lot of settings and allows you to customize many aspects. This is of course optional, as it has sensible defaults.
Since version 1.2.2 it is possible to configure the amount of zombies that spawn! This is done using a command, see the Commands section above for more details.
Since version 1.3 you can change the attributes of the zombie types, allowing you to chance their movement speed, health, attack damage and more! It is also possible to disable certain types of zombies or to give them a custom head. For a more in-depth explanation, check out this wiki!
If you have a question ask it on the discussion page (not the review page).
- Boomer: explodes when killed!
- Multiplier: spawns 0 to 4 normal zombies when killed
- Default: exact copy of Minecraft's default zombie
- Ninja: extra fast, harder hitting but very vulnerable
- Sprinter: extremely fast
- Tank: very slow and beefy, hits very hard and cannot be knocked back
- Thrower: launches player up and away when it attacks
- Jumper: Can jump five times as high as a regular zombie
- Pillar: Spawns a pillar of 2 to 5 zombies stacked on top of each other!
- Coming soon....
Since version 1.3, this plugin has an extremely complete developer API, allowing you to control a lot of aspects of the plugin directly or via custom events.
I have gotten a lot of very nice suggestions for more specific versions of apocalypses, which I could never build into the plugin, as they would break the plugin for some users or clutter the configuration. In order to solve this I have made this full API, allowing me and hopefully others to make plugins that utilize it to make add-ons!
Questions, bugs or feature suggestions?
Please DO NOT use the review section for bugs, start a conversation with me or use the discussion page instead!
Feel free to ask a question about the plugin on the discussion page. If you have an idea how this plugin could be improved let me know!
Let me know if you like this project! If you really love this plugin, you could consider donating to help me with the upkeep of this project.
Do not use the reviews for questions or bug reports please!
ZombieApocalypse [8 Zombie Types! - 1.17 Support] 1.4.2
A plugin inspired by Dream’s ‘Minecraft, But It’s a Zombie Apocalypse’