Spigot ⚔EliteMobs⚔ 7.3.0

Minidungeons, dynamic & custom bosses & loot, quests, MMORPG progression & more!

1. MagmaGuy submitted a new resource:

EliteMobs - Bring back the survival challenge - with less lag!

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. MagmaGuy updated EliteMobs with a new update entry:

1.1.0 Bugfixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  3. MagmaGuy updated EliteMobs with a new update entry:

New powers & better spawnmob command (config udpate!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. MagmaGuy updated EliteMobs with a new update entry:

1.3.0 bugfixes and new special armor set

5. This looks super interesting but like this would seem to have a lot of incompatibilities with like
    - stacked mob plugins
    - spawnage of mobs in general which will affect other plugins that spawn custom mobs
    - mob grinders

also the mobs are a lot of the time invisible and the only way you're able to see them is by seeing the floating items around them

6. - stacked mobs plugins:

Mob stacking, like almost everything else in the plugin, is possible to disable in the config. Once disabled, it should be compatible with just about any mob stacking plugin your heart desires.

- (...) other custom mobs

Natural/dynamic mob spawning is (also) possible to disable in the config. Elite mobs will still be able to form if they stack, or if you spawn them in using [/elitemobs spawnmob mobType mobLevel power1 power2 ...]. Additionally, I let people selectively disable mob types that can become Elite Mobs. Hence, if you have an awesome plugin that turns, say, blazes into some special boss with special AI, you can just remove blazes from the config and my plugin won't ever touch them. Realistically, you shouldn't have more than one plugin assigning special powers to the same mobs, and I tried to go out of my way to make sure that this was as customizable as possible so it can be flexible enough to accommodate other plugins which might alter the behavior of some mobs

- mob grinders

Actually, this was made with mob grinders in mind, that's a big part of the reason why I added the mob stacker as an optional thing. I don't like mob grinders. In my opinion, they are the least survival-like thing you can have on a survival server. The stacking prevents TPS issues and client-side lag/fps drop issues and allows people to keep the same loot ratio as they would from regular mobs (a level 10 skeleton should roughly drop the same amount of vanilla loot as 10 regular skeletons). It does introduce a few variables to make things harder: fire might not kill the elite mob. Fall damage might not kill it either. Extra work will have to go into grinding. I will eventually add powers that will allow high-level mobs to sometimes be able to cause trouble during the grinding process. Mind you all of these things - individual powers such as fire and fall resistance, as well as mob stacking - are optional.

Elite mobs will also not drop custom loot if they have been spawned by a mob spawner.

- invisibility

Regarding invisibility, that is one of the 13 minor powers Elite Mobs currently have. I have another ~10 planned out. As more powers are added, you will see repeating ones less frequently. Mobs gain a minor power at level 5, and then every 10 levels after that. Major powers will be added at level 10 and every 10 levels after that, and they will be far more customized than the minor powers.

If you are still not satisfied with the answers I gave you, I am 100% open to feedback on how things could be done that would be better than what I currently have.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am completely satisfied with this plugin's usage I was just asking if this works within the plugins I have listed like in the config I disabled the aggressive-stack-mob I think it was called but it didn't seem to update after /elitemobs reload config

and I don't know if there's a reason for this but is it like considering the items that are floating around that mob type will tell you what mob powers it has?

8. - config

You are correct, it would seem like that feature was not working at all. I apologize for that, I've not been able to test the various config options to their fullest extent so far. I have fixed it and am now uploading the fixed version. If you find more problems with it, please say so - I tried to push this update before going to bed, so it might cause some unexpected errors somewhere (though hopefully it shouldn't).

- PowerStance

The effect of the items floating around mobs is called PoweStance. The type of power that a mob has determines the type of PowerStance around them (the list of PowerStances and their matching minor powers is available in the plugin overview)

Side note, the new update includes three new powers, so I recommend deleting the old config file and restarting the server so the new powers can appear (they show up in the config when it is generated). Additionally, if your loot.yml file doesn't include the mob hunting armor set, I would recommend regenerating that as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. MagmaGuy updated EliteMobs with a new update entry:

1.4.0 Three new minor powers and config bugfixes

10. MagmaGuy updated EliteMobs with a new update entry:

2.0.0 - Loot GUI, Permission-based scoreboards, reflection, bug fixes, performance improvements

11. MagmaGuy updated EliteMobs with a new update entry:

12. 1.8.8 compatibility? plz

13. Sorry but I have no real way of doing backwards compatibility. The plug-in is open source though, so someone with some skills could potentially adapt it to 1.8.8.

14. ANGLAIS:
    Hello,
    The plugin is really cool but really really shame we can not do any translation !!!
    Too bad we can not change the name of the mobs!

Can be in an upcoming update ????

Cordialy

FRANCAIS:
    Salut,
    Le plugin est vraiment cool mais vraiment vraiment dommage qu'on ne peut faire aucune traduction!!!
    Dommage on ne peut pas non plus modifier le nom des mobs !

Peut être dans une prochaine mise à jours ????

Cordialement

15. Salut,

J'ai la nacionalite francaise. Je pense que c'est une bonne solution, je vais ajouter une option pour mettre le nom que les gens veulent, et une option pour changer les taunts. J'essayerais de l'ajouter dans la prochaine mise a jour.

Ca sera un nouveau fichier genre translation.yml

16. Oui ce serai vraiment bien de pouvoir traduire tout les message ainsi que de pouvoir nommé les mobs!

Ton plugin à une grande capacité d'aventure! Tu connaît le jeu Destiny sur console ??
    Grace a ton plugin il y aurait la possibilité de créer des raids avec des boss (ton plugin) avec des loots de fou !

Suggestion:
    - Ajouté aussi la possibilité de faire une commande pour le loot pas forcément un item !
    - (Juste pour savoir) On peut Utiliser un commande bloc pour les faire apparaître les boss, mais n'y aurait il pas un moyen de faire une commande avec un mob-spawner avec la possibilité de modifier dans la config quant apparait le boss exemple quant un joueur ce trouve proche.

Merci pour la réponse rapide ;)

17. Je connais Destiny. Mon but est de recreer des raids dans ce style, ou plutot dans le style de WoW. J'ai deja un plugin pret pour creer des donjons (il a ete cree pour mon serveur par un de mes administrateurs et je vais l'adapter pour EliteMobs).

Tu veux dire faire une commande quand le mob meurs?

Perso je n'ai pas trop d'interet a faire ca mais c'est quelque chose que je pourrais ajouter si il y a un fort interet ou si quelq'un est si interesse qu'il veux me payer une quantite symbolique d'argent pour l'ajouter.

L'objectif d'EliteMobs est d'introduire des mobs qui sont plus difficiles que la moyenne de la meme facon que des jeux tels que Diablo ou WoW ajouttent des Elites. Je n'ai pas comme objectif creer un vrai plugin de boss mobs. Il est fort probable que j'ajouterais une option (ou un plugin pour accompagner celui-ci) pour creer des vrais boss mobs entierement controlles par les administrateurs (ou ils apparaissent, quand ils apparaissent, quels pouvoirs ils ont, si ils restent sur place quand les joueurs ne sont plus la, du loot unique pour ces mobs, et cetera) comme un des derniers updates de ce plugin, si j'ai le temps de le faire, ou si qq1 est si interesse a l'avoir et qu'il veux bien me payer pour ajouter tout ca.

18. Oui exécuter une commande quant il meurt !

Tu arriverai a faire un truc plus pousser dans ce genre de plugin si on te paie ?? (un plugin personnaliser) Compatible avec d'autre plugin ??
    si oui rep en pv

19. Mais quant même faire la mise a jour pour celui ci !!

20. Ce que je suggère est d’ajouter des choses que je ne comptais pas ajouter maintenant ou en général (comme, par exemple, la possibilité de donner du loot personnalisé a un boss spécifique) au plugin public qui est disponible pour tout le monde gratuitement quand quelqu’un me paye pour le faire. Comme ça tout le monde poudrait en profiter si on me paye pour développer quelque chose. Du coup, si tu veux me payer pour que ma priorité devienne la possibilité d’avoir plus de contrôle sur certain boss mobs, tu peux le faire, et puis ma prochaine mise a jour aura ça au lieu de ce que j’avais déjà dans mes plans.

En ce moment je compte ajouter des major powers et un fichier pour pouvoir traduire et modifier les noms des choses. Apres ça je compte ajouter plus de major powers et de travailler un peu plus dans le système de loot et puis commencer un système d’économie. La liste de choses que je veux faire est assez longue et il y a 2 ou 3 plugins que je compterais normalement développer avant d’essayer de créer de boss mobs comme tu as décrit.

J’ajouterais une option pour exécuter une commande quand il meurt après la prochaine mise à jour avec l’update économique, mais il n’y aura pas la possibilité de choisir un mob en particulier pour lequel cette commande sera exécutée, sauf si quelqu’un me paye pour que je change ma liste de priorités.

• Like Like x 1