1.10 - Crashes/Rollbacks

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by easyusual, Jun 21, 2016.

1. easyusual

Supporter

Hey,

After a few days of trying to resolve the issue myself (and failing to do so), I figure it's time to finally post a thread detailing my issue and hoping that someone is able to provide a solution.

I recently reset both of my Survival servers to 1.10, fresh world, fresh everything. Nothing new was carried over other than permissions. The problem I'm having is that out of nowhere, the server crashes (with no error logs or anything) and reboots back, with a slight rollback.

This is the end of a log file right before it crashes. As you can see, there is nothing there which would even begin to help me find the solution to this problem.

Everything is up to date - every plugin is on the latest version, as is Spigot.
    Redacted as issue is now solved

At this point I'm happy to try pretty much anything, so if you have any suggestions at all, please leave a comment below. If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask.

#1 easyusual, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Prob cause that's how 1.10 or 1.9 sucks o_O

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  3. MiniDigger

Supporter

could you attach the crash log?
    also, you should not be using plugman or any other plugin manager as they break all kind of stuff.
    you are really helping of your your response, good job!

4. easyusual

Supporter

I'd appreciate if you refrained from shit-posting on my thread again.

I'm fairly sure PlugMan isn't the issue here. As for the crash log, that's what I said in the post - I don't receive one. The console quite simply stops (like the image in the original post), and then comes back up to an earlier state.

5. MiniDigger

Supporter

no, plugman is most likely not your issue, it was more of a general statement.
    I never saw these rollbacks. what do do you mean be "then comes back up to an earlier state"? does you server just restart and you loose some progress on the map? or just it really freezes and the resets to an older state?

6. Affixes

Supporter

have u tried turning it off and back on?

7. easyusual

Supporter

jesse i stg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. easyusual

Supporter

It freezes, reboots, world is rolled back usually by around 30/40 minutes.

9. MiniDigger

Supporter

so its a complete crash. thats strange. normally spigot has a watchdog thread to detect crashes. are you running on a root server or a game server?
    the world rollback is caused by the world not being saved. you can reduce the time that is lost by executing /save-all periodically (like every 15 minutes)

10. easyusual

Supporter

Yeah...Spigot outputs nothing. I'm using a dedicated server to run both servers.

11. Affixes

Supporter

how much ram have you allocated to the root user?

12. MiniDigger

Supporter

spigot would catch outofmemory errors. also, you can't really allocate ram to a user, only to a process. also, no one should be running any processes as root if there is another way to do so. if you run your server as root I can easily delete your whole server (not only mc, but the whole root server) with a malicious plugin.

13. Affixes

Supporter

oh ok thanks for the heads up

14. MiniDigger

Supporter

well, as the "ceo" of a "company" that offers "intelligent management solutions for severs" you should know that.....

15. easyusual

Supporter

He's joking. :p

16. MiniDigger

Supporter

I hope so....