Solved [1.11.2] How do I Add Ranks Support with a Perms Plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by creepinson, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hello there. I want to use TagAPI along with any permissions plugin, mainly PEX and Group Manager, to make it so that someone can change their name tag above their head to have a prefix and/or suffix from their permissions plugin. Can someone help me? The part I don't know how to do is to add support for PEX OR Group Manager so that it adds a prefix. I don't know how to use two plugins, but the exported file uses whatever they have installed. Also I don't know how to get the group prefix and suffix from that permissions plugin. Thanks,
    Creepinson.

2. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

check if plugin x installed, use THAT API. check if plugin y is installed, use THAT API. there are documentations on the web for both, look em up

3. How do I check what plugin is installed using if statements though? I don't even know what GroupManager is called in this case, and do I need to add both plugin x and plugin y or whatever they are to my build path

4. oh yeah what about checking the groups or users prefixes?

5. and I found the following but I don't know what the plugin name is for groupmanager and PEX.
    if(getServer().getPluginManager().getPlugin("PluginName") != null)

6. Couldn't you use vault for compatability with whichever permissions plugin the server is using?

• Like Like x 1
  7. "getServer().getPluginManager().getPlugin("MyPlugin")!=null" what would myplugin be for PEX and GroupManager?

8. Most likely "PermissionsEx" and "GroupManager". Do /plugins on a server with those plugins installed - the names of the two plugins there will be the names you can refer to them by in your code.

9. Just use vault to get the prefix and then give every player that prefix in a scoreboard for their name tag. That's the way I did it and it can be used with multiple permission plugins.

10. i recommend to use Vault

Very easy and works with any Permission Plugin

11. There is a method within Vault to check their group btw

12. thank you guys for the help, I gave up on that. keep the post there just in case