1.12 - Disable tutorial toasts

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by RobinMC, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    1.12 players now see these tutorial toasts apparently, which is incredibly annoying. The problem is that they don't go away unless the player does what it says.

As far as I know there's no way to disable this from the server right now*. Plugin developers should be able to send some sort of packet to the client telling it to stop showing tutorial toasts. Sadly this is something we'll have to convince Mojang to do.

Not having an option to disable this is a big problem, because these toasts are very annoying.

* Based on a quick look at the Minecraft protocol wiki

EDIT: I didn't really know where to post this, I thought it was best to post it here.

2. Spigot 1.12 is still in development, and the final Version is not available only pre releases, just wait until the final Version is available and check again if nothing exists to toggle that.

3. Only possible if toasts are sent from the server, which I don't think is the case. Again, I am not sure, we'll have to wait

4. Toasts? Like these? Delicious[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Not sure whether that's sarcasm

6. "Only possible if toasts are sent from the server" what did you mean else with toasts?

7. What he linked is a 'toast'

Edit: these:
    [​IMG]

8. That is client side, not something the server can decide

9. Yes each user should decide if (s)he wants to get help from toasts.

10. I don't think so. I think it should be like texture packs: the server decides, but the user can cancel the request. That would be the best option.

11. Show me one advantage why this should be handled by server?

12. At some servers it would just be weird to have advancements and recipe books. Think about minigame servers and that kind of stuff. That is not normal minecraft gameplay and the tutorials are not what you should do there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MiniDigger

Supporter

tutorial != advancements and recipe book.
    the latter two can be modified by the servers, as that makes sense to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I tought the tutorial was part of the advancements system

15. The recipe book is part of the advancement system but the tutorial isn't. That's the problem :/

Now we'll have a message telling us to get some wood permanently while playing minigames

16. MiniDigger

Supporter

why is it there permanently? for me, they go away after 5 seconds on a new world or server.
    well plus, you can just press f1..

17. The "Use WASD to move around" thing does go away, but the others don't. I'm on pre6 by the way.

Isn't F1 a hotkey for hiding your GUI? Like all of it? And doesn't it come back when you press it again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.