1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Solved 1.14 Spigot Mobs/Entities Despawning after server restarts

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by SineXTroid, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure what is going on and I tried searching everything up about 1.14 bugs and spigot but I've been having issues with mobs/entities despawning on my server after when I restart.

So before when on 1.13.2 there was never that issue of despawning but after upgrading the server to spigot 1.14 it's been happening a lot with mobs or entities just randomly disappearing after I stop the server and start it back up even when I make sure to /save-all. I would have tamed horses named tagged or tamed wolves whether within the loaded chunks or not after restarting they randomly disappear. Even item frames would disappear.

When I do not restart nothing disappears or despawns.

It's happened with the first release with the spigot when first out in 1.14 then I tried updating spigot recently to the newest current version still have the same bug

My guess since if 1.14 spigot is still in development there's probably a bug somewhere within it causing the issue. None of the bug seems to happen when in a single player world in 1.14.

#1 SineXTroid, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
  2. A big problem on my server. I'm sorry to hear it's happening to you as well but glad to see I'm not alone. I tried to reproduce the bug but it seems like it only happens on some restarts, and never when I'm specifically trying to test for this. I found this which seems to relate to what we're talking about. https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-150170 I hope they patch this for 1.14.1

3. "as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA."

4. Screenshot 2019-05-05 at 11.20.53.png

1.14.1 fixes mobs/128+ might be it, who knows, im just rambling

5. Same, I'm glad I'm not feeling like the only one either that is noticing it!

6. For what it's worth, I don't think this is Spigot issue. This is a huge problem on my 1.14 vanilla Java server currently. We have a name-tagged endermite in the end, inside a minecart. Every time we reboot the server, the endermite AND the minecart disappear.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Currently using spigot 1.14 built TODAY. Same problem on my server. Players item frames, cows, sheeps, even bred villagers are dissapearing. This is not an US problem this is a minecraft/bukkit problem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. @SineXTroid
    Posted an update in your issue on Jira so people cannot sit there and try to say well what if it was this....

9. So apparently he didn't follow the guidelines (even though he clicked yes), because the guidelines state:
    ""Test your issue in all applicable versions. If the issue could possibly affect Vanilla, then test that. If you are concerned about the behaviour of an API in 1.14, then test 1.13.2.""

The issue seems to be a vanilla issue, and not a Spigot/Craftbukkit issue.

10. Its much more than that. Do some research.

Same problem on my server running 1.14 built Yesterday. This is not just him having this problem.

Check out the spigot forums at: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/1-...ng-after-server-restarts.371523/#post-3398112

Check it out on the minecraft forums at: https://www.minecraftforum.net/foru...74-villagers-disappearing-from-farms-bug-1-14

Check it out as an official bug report at: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-150170

Problem happening on regular/vanilla minecraft also. This is not just a 1 person problem. Its persistant over 50+ cases since 1.14 was released. Villagers disappear when they are in bed and get pushed into a new chunk somehow. And claimed entities, aka item frames, sheeps, cows, etc are also going missing. Somebody messed up the entity coding.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. That was ignorant. I did my research, you JUST said it's a vanilla bug.... ergo its going to transfer into Spigot.

Mojang is rolling out 1.14.1 tomorrow, so Spigot will follow suit shortly after.

If a bug is in vanilla then duh its going to be in Spigot as well. Its not Spigot's job to fix vanilla bugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well, with 1.14.1 out I made a 1.14.1 server with the latest dev spigot for it. I restarted the test server I made on my pc a few times over and over again and no mobs or entities have not disappeared so far. I put some animals, villagers, some tamed around near spawn, and some over 1,000 blocks away. Everything seems to work so far.

13. Update: I updated my other server to 1.14.1 Everything seems to be going well after a few restart tests.
    • After updating to 1.14.1 and starting server back up all the mobs/entities stayed.
    • 1st Restart all mobs/tamed pets I checked all stayed around the world except for the ones around me.
    • 2nd Restart I respawned mobs around me before restarting again, after the restart all mobs stayed around me and around the world.
    • 3rd Restart everything stayed without disappearing.
    So far mobs/entities seem to not disappear anymore on 1.14.1 Spigot.

#14 SineXTroid, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  14. Turns out it's still happening in 1.14.1
    My server recently crashed Today and all mobs/entities disappeared again!

15. It happens on my server, less frequently it seems but still happen :v Any idea or report if that's a spigot or vanilla issue ? Or any patch for spigot if the case ? (I looked on google on many threads and saw no soluce atm)

16. Yes, in this thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wasn't a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Edit: My bad they fixed it. Its coming out in 1.14.2 Pre release 1 whenever that comes out for multiplayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.