[1.15.1] Looking for a plugin that lets you set a custom chat suffix per world

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by DeleteMetaInf, Jan 22, 2020.

1. I want players to have a custom chat suffix per world.

For example, if they’re in the hub world, their messages would look like this:
    john1234 (Hub): Hello!

But if they’re in the skyblock world, their messages would look like this:
    john1234
    (SB): Hello!

I use Multiverse-Core, which does let you set a chat prefix per world, but you can’t customize them (it just uses the world names), and it’s a prefix, not a suffix.

I also tried WorldGuard Extra Flags’ chat-suffix flag, but that just adds a suffix to the end of the whole chat message rather than after the player’s username.

I also found the plugin PerWorldChatMessage, which I believe has a feature that lets me do what I want, but that plugin is sadly outdated.

Does any of you know about a plugin that can add a custom chat suffix per world that works in 1.15.1/1.15.2?

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Did you try it? I don't see why a chat plugin would break

3. You’re right: it shouldn’t break. I tried it, but unfortunately, it has the same problem as Multiverse-Core where it just lets you use the world names as suffixes. PerWorldChatMessage is far more customizable, but it still doesn’t let a custom chat suffix per world.

4. Find a plugin with placeholderapi support and use it to get the suffix you want