[1.15.1] Setting up a world border

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by DeleteMetaInf, Jan 19, 2020.

1. I’m planning on setting up a world border with vanilla commands and then using Chunkmaster to pre-generate chunks on my server. The reason that I want to create a world border is that I don’t want the world file size getting exceedingly large, and the reason I want to pre-generate chunks is to prevent drops in ticks per second, and thus lag, caused by players generating new chunks.

The server will be a survival server with no special means of moving fast, flying, or teleporting.

Fellow server owners or anyone knowledgable on the subject, what size do you recommend that the world border is? Or do you recommend not using a world border at all? I don’t want to limit my players too much, so the world border is going to be large. The server has plenty of RAM and a great CPU, so lag won’t be an issue, but I still don’t want the world size being too big, so I’d love to hear your thoughts on what size of world border to use, as well as how many chunks to pre-generate to start with.

2. I have a small survival server with 15k worldborder (plugin) and pre-genned chunks. My /general/ world for example is 22gb.

You can easily set it to 1k, pre-gen it, let players play, and with 1.15.2, then set it to 2k and pre-gen it.. and with 1.16, set it to 3000 and pre-gen it. etc. let your world grow over time.

3. That’s a great idea! With new updates comes more or altered world gen, so it makes sense to periodically grow the world gradually.