[1.15.2] Reliable way to check for plugin updates?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by DeleteMetaInf, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Is there any way to check which plugins need to be updated without going to the plugin page of every single plugin manually?

I know that there have existed a few plugin checker plugins in the past, but I haven’t found one that’s been updated for 1.15.2. I’m using PaperMC. Any help’s greatly appreciated! :coffee:

2. I find spigotmc.org website to be the best plugin update checker, you get alert whenever there's a plugin update, that's how I manage updates of my 120 plugins

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I get so many other alerts in addition to this; it’s hard to keep track of plugin updates.

4. you must be too active on the forums then xD I notice plugin updates very easily with my activity. well you can always turn off notifications for replies, etc.

5. drives_a_ford

You can unwatch threads or resources that (no longer) interest you. The button is on the top right.

6. I know, but I am still watching threads that I care about, and I’d like to know about replies. It’d be quite handy if there were a tab specifically for plugin update notifications rather than combining them, similar to how message notifications and other notifications are separated.

7. In some cases, if there's a update for a plugin it'll announce it ingame saying "There is a update available for [INSERT PLUGIN] here." But, if there's a update and you downloaded a plugin on here before on a account, then Govindas method is reliable.

8. Several plugins I use have stopped publishing updates on Spigot and instead publish dev builds on their Jenkins server. I made a web page with all my plugins with links to Spigot or Jenkins or whatever to make it easier to check for updates.

9. That’s a good idea!

10. This is interesting, are you manually updating the page with links/ values, or are you getting the current installed version automatically and then comparing somehow?
    I have a webpage built using mcsrvstat.us API that gets the current version of my plugins, now I just need to some how get (WGET?) the latest version on a particular website. For example luckperms has the latest file on their website - spigotmc is outdated, but it's not a "latest" link, it's actually one with the version in it. While vault is hosted here, and others are on a Jenkins "latest" link.

Thoughts?

11. It's totally manual. It's just a handy list of links of the plugins I use. (Although the plugin versions shown are the versions I'm currently using, as reported by the MC query operation.)

12. I use RSS on the jenkins pages to get notified of updates