1.6.3 Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Dmck2b, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dmck2b

Services Staff

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joshwenke

Wiki Team

Anyone else starting to hate Minecraft updates? Especially bad for server owners.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

Lovely, anyone got a change log?

Ugh 1 bug fix...couldn't they just wait?

4. Puremin0rez

Super simple update, Spigot (and probably Craftbukkit) will be updated super fast.

5. As a server owner, I have actually come to enjoy smaller updates like this. Especially when we have things like the occasional snapshot protocol, I can gain a significant burst in players due to a mass of players searching for a server compatible with the new update. Since I'm usually quite fast in updating my server in comparison to the average server owner, I consider these small updates a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

We didn't do protocol hack for 1.6 and won't be for 1.7, the goal now is to release updates as soon as possible.

Unless md_5 changes his mind on it of course, just speaking on the previous releases.

7. This is more of a concern to me. Good thing I've put my server project on hold for the time being. I can't say the same for the rest of you, but you'll muddle through...

8. joehot200

Supporter

Mojang are just being stupid :(

First the new launcher, now some crappy update. To fix what? And to CHANGE THE PROTOCOL? :Z

9. F*ck the new launcher. I'm using Magic Launcher.

10. joehot200

Supporter

Its more my cracked launchers i'm worried about... And the crappiness & noobiness & uglyness of the new launcher!

11. Oh boy... You know my opinion on that.
    ~ But I agree in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OMG another update? ffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

13. 1.6.3 will allow for better merging of the chunk generation when 1.7 comes out (and following snapshots). I believe they are doing something with generated stuff like dungeons. I for one am happy with it - then again my server isn't finished yet...

14. I want a freaking multithreaded server not a protocol update!

15. Meh, and client (I don't think it is already, correct me if I'm wrong :eek:)

16. Dmck2b

Services Staff

THIS ISN'T EVEN FUNNY ANYMORE D:>

17. Puremin0rez

Hey man, they put tons of testing into 1.6.3.

Changed how structures are done -> Sits in pre release state for a few days -> Not realize structures don't generate

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I'm sorry, but how is that even possible? You make changes to a specific thing and don't even check if it still works?

My avatar seems relevant right now.

• Agree Agree x 1