[1.7.2 - 1.8.*] Supporting multiple versions with one plugin (client wise)

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by ACCFfan, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I have a version of Spigot that allows the support of multiple client versions (1.7.2 - 1.8.*) and I see on servers like Mineplex where they have something where people with 1.7.2 see the games without the 1.8 effects but people with 1.8 can see 1.8 effects (like text on screen, border overlay, etc.) and I am wondering how to do that, because I am experienced in Java (I have made a lot of plugins and made a few games) and it is killing me because I really want to know how to do that because I am trying to make plugins that don't feel old.

Thanks, ACCFfan.

2. Have a server running with the 1.7/1.8 protocol hack, get clients version, send 1.7 or 1.8 packets via protocollib depending on the client version you got..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you, I was wondering how I would get the client version. I already have the the 1.7/1.8 protocol hack, so thanks for telling me for how to do something that I have been wanting to do.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. That has 1.7, 1.6, and 1.5, and I already have the Spigot 1.7/1.8 protocol hack.

Just a quick update, how would I go about it without ProtocolLib? Does the protocol hack already contain the needed things?

5. I have no knowledge of ProtocolLib, only know a few things cause I was helping a friend with a job or cause of a dev group

6. I will see if the protocol hack has the thing, thanks anyway.