1.8 canons in 1.13

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by EliteGhosts, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Hello is there any plugin or how I can make 1.8 cannoning work on 1.13?

2. Can u please describe it briefly...

• Like Like x 1
  3. A lot of conans which works on 1.8 doesn't work on 1.13

4. That is not a description. List the functionality of your cannons. How they get build, what should happen and what happens instead.

5. If your using PaperSpigot, there is a setting in paper.yml that will change how cannoning works, so its more like how it used to be in 1.8.

If your not using Paper, you'll need a plugin of some form.

6. Dood... Don't say PaperSpigot, say PaperMC. PaperSpigot is 1.8 pvp adult stuff.

7. PaperSpigot is the correct way of saying it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. -_-
    fine...
    As you say...

9. It's Paper, not PaperMC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. their domain is literally papermc.io

11. That doesn't mean anything..... at all. PaperSpigot is the proper way of saying it, even saying paper is fine. It's a fork of spigot.

#11 ExtremeSpirit, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. That's not how names work, just because you fork something doesn't mean you add the original project name to it. The name is whatever the team behind Paper decides it to be.

PaperMC would be the PaperMC team organization, not Paper (the Spigot fork itself)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. You literally rated my post "funny" for absolutely no reason..... I don't think you even understand what a "fork" even is. Take a look at the other forks of spigot. Let's take a look at some examples. TacoSpigot? A fork of PaperSpigot. BeerSpigot? BreadSpigot? mSpigot? Forks of TacoSpigot. aSpigot? A PaperSpigot fork. My point still stands and remains. Do I seriously need to pull screenshots for you to understand?

#13 ExtremeSpirit, Jan 16, 2020
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Soo any plugin suggestion or what I should change in paper.yml or u just wanna talk about other stuff?

15. If you want 1.8 cannons, you'll need 1.8

16. I don't think YOU understand how a fork works, there are no "fork naming conventions"
    Spigot is a fork of Bukkit and Craftbukkit.... so I guess, based on your standards it should be called SpigotCraftbukkit?

Paper WAS called PaperSpigot. A couple versions ago they dropped "Spigot" from their name. The fork is now called Paper. Their team is called PaperMC.
    So rather than going around telling everyone to call it PaperSpigot, realize that the PaperMC team has changed the name. Just because it's a fork, doesn't mean its required to have the name of the product it forked in its own name, that is NOT how forking works.

People are rating your posts funny and/or optimistic because they're downright stupid with made-up "facts" and naming conventions.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. To the OP.

as clx said:
    That or you will probably need to custom write something or have something custom written for you. People who are really into PVP and cannon stuff generally don't write plugins for 1.9+
    That said, people who write plugins for 1.9+ generally don't care about 4+ year old mechanics from outdated versions, they tend to deal with the mechanics of the version they're working on and/or creating their own new mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. That's not what I meant. I know damn well what I'm talking about. I know a lot of these forks from spigot and purchased it from several people. Fork is called paper, but only recently. They originally started with "PaperSpigot". PaperMC is their team name, I already got that. Spigot is a fork of Bukkit and CraftBukkit but those came before spigot. They don't count. My original response was towards clx_. Technically, all the examples I mentioned above are forks of spigot. I never said forks had to have the name, I just listed examples from what I know and from what other server owners used. And.... I even said calling it "paper" is fine. I wasn't against it. If YOU read my previous post than this would be clear to you. These aren't "made up" facts, you can literally google this. Better yet, let's take a look at some screenshots. Expected better from you ShaneBee.. but here goes.

[​IMG]

Even paper says THIS.
    [​IMG]

BeerSpigot
    [​IMG]

BreadSpigot....
    [​IMG]

And More....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The list goes on. I'm done RESPONDING. Feel free to keep rating my post as funny or optimistic. :/

#18 ExtremeSpirit, Jan 16, 2020
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I've seen many useless discussions on Spigot, but more than ten replies on how a specific project is named has to be on top of the list. OP is trying to achieve something and 80% of this thread is a useless, massively derailed battlefield.

@EliteGhosts I'm not sure if a plugin can restore these mechanics. To be frank, old mechanics belong in old versions if you ask me.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Bro after I asked PaperSpigot developers, they said "they are now known as Paper. So shut the freak up. They are the developers of Paper, they decided to name it Paper. You are not going to decide it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1