Resource 1.8 Combat + Animations in 1.12.2

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Ghoti, Jun 5, 2018.

1. While looking through 1.13 and some of the data-packs already made for it, I found one that used a resource pack to restore sword blocking. It was not perfect, as it handled rather sluggishly. It got me to thinking however, something similar can be attempted server-side and would probably handle more accurately. I know there are many plugins that fix the hit cool-down and more, but upon searching, I have surprisingly not found anyone else trying something similar.

So I got to work on this little prototype plugin that I'm calling Classic Swords. It works with any of the swords already in the game. The animations are achieved though the resource pack. Here is a brief demonstration:

I plan on porting it to 1.13 when that becomes possible. I feel this is the closest we can possibly get to recreating old combat in newer versions. The down-side to this is that it would require users to enable server resource packs. It would also not work with any existing custom enchantment plugins. Finally, all my attempts in getting the block-hit animation working have not been successful, however I do feel I may be able to figure it out at some point. That being said, if there is enough demand for me to release this I will. I would like to know what other people think about this sort of thing

UPDATE: Just this morning, I was able to get block hitting + animations from 1.7 working too

#1 Ghoti, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hey i am very interested for this plugin
    Could i learn more about that?

3. If you can't/don't want to finish the plugin, I am interested in finishing it. (I will give most of the credit to you)

Edit: I'm attempting to make a plugin that adds block hitting back into the game.

#3 LoxleyShadow, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1