1.8 Testing Begins

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x_L

x_L

Yaaay!
    Good work @md_5 & @Thinkofdeath
    Can't wait when this is all released to the public!
    Oh man the hype is real!

2. Wow! Thank you so much for all your work. Waiting patiencely for the public release :)

3. Thank you for all this hard work again! :)

4. Long Live Spigot <3

5. Congrats @md_5 and @Thinkofdeath . I submitted a app for testing as I have a free week, be like the old days with Nexus and Rubber Band testing, you have come along way since then, Well done :)

6. Keep up the good work guys!

7. Awesome, I can't wait for Spigot to come out with 1.8 I know it took awhile, but this may be our only chance at showing that bukkit isn't completely dead yet, even though I have been with sponge for awhile now I will always be a spigotier at heart.

8. Amazing! I've been so excited to begin my server using one of the better server engines out there!

"Due to the nature of these tests, the Aperture Science Enrichment Center feels the need to inform you that we will not be informing you about the nature of these tests."

9. I can't wait for it! <3

10. Thank you so much for continuing your work on Spigot and not throwing towel as the folks over at Bukkit have done. The only reason I even switched to Spigot is because the folks over at Bukkit decided to give up when hit with the DMCA takedown. Spigot is superior to Bukkit in many ways and I plan to stick with it even if Bukkit does someday get revived.

Also, please do not take this the wrong way, as I do not mean to be negative, but what makes a 1.8 version legal even though the 1.7 and older versions are illegal? I assume that you guys totally rewrote Wesley Wolf's code?

11. Just a general note to those accepted, please don't blow our tests up or spawn 1000 sheep or something like that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. jeff142

Benefactor

Can't wait to help out!

13. Spigot helped for me, this is a better :)

14. Testing both ends of the extremes is vital in a proper test environment. But I do agree there should be a separate server for testing the extremes as blowing up others tests isn't help full;

15. connor12568

Supporter

I gotta say, after being accepted and looking at everything they take this very seriously.
    I don't think I can quite imagine how much work was put into this, and the testing they do is phenomenal!
    Great job guys! :D

16. Thank you for the great news... I'm waiting patiently for the release. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.