1.8 Testing Begins

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks allot for this, Can't wait to see how the 1.8 version looks. I wonder how the bukkit community will look assuming a bunch of plugins get broken by this and the bukkit team have still not fixed their decomplier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. *Claps repeatedly* Kudos to md_5 and eeeeeveryone else lending a hand to create this amazing plethora of Java.

3. Yes, from my understanding they did. This is an incredible feat, to rewrite that much code in such little time. Hats off to the Spigot team. Your dedication is truly a marvel.

4. Great job, md. What's happening with Wolverness and this DMCA stuff, though?

5. Very excited to see this. The plugin Carbon is great, but it is not the same as having the actual 1.8 jar. I've actually been holding off on updating my plugin Prison until this 1.8 release is out (partly because I want to add the 1.8 stuff to the mines system and partly because I look for excuses to procrastinate - don't judge...)

6. This is all very exciting, and from going on the test server, it's all very promising! I'm glad that Spigot has come so far throughout the past year, and I'm exciting to see what the future entails.

7. errm what? apply to play on some whitelisted server? no thanks

I thought it was an app to actually get the 1.8 build and test on your own server. So basically real testing will begin after this silly little grab at getting players for your server ends.

8. I was thinking the same thing about the first sentence xD
    The rest, I don't agree with though =P

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yes, grab players for the server which exists only to test this build, does not have any ranks, and will cease to exist in a weeks time.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
  10. So the ETA should remain in most likely Mid-Nov or Before Christmas?

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

12. Thanks to @md_5 and the rest of the Spigot development staff for this update!

Though as stated in this post,
    , CraftBukkit is being tested on. Is the Spigot team working with the people over at CraftBukkit to get the bukkit API for 1.8 done? Are they doing it for them? Why would they be doing this?

Connor

13. Puremin0rez

The Spigot Team has to create a Craftbukkit 1.8 in order for a Spigot 1.8 to be possible, since Spigot is essentially a series of patches over Craftbukkit.

Neither team is working with each other. There isn't even a craftbukkit team anymore.

14. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

Ah, this is fantastic! Thanks to the entire team for working on this, and I hope I can do my fair share to bug test and get this where it needs to be!

15. NullBlox

Patron

This will put a sock in the MC is Dying BS.
    Thanks, Thanks, And Thanks.

#PawnTakesKing

16. Thats great. Im looking forward to upgrade my Spigot Server.

17. Ha! Had 51 posts by the time of this post. Look forward to the hyped update/release and major props to you guys for all the hard work you do! :D

18. Archangel

Supporter

Can't wait for it, I'm just below the requirement, I believe. Should probably get to some discussion forums to prop that number up a bit.

19. dont forget to test the beds! I dunno if that is a vanilla issue or spigot issue LOL sometimes half of the bed shows up and you end up sleeping in it in some awkward way or see stars or pitch black. from what i have seen on other bukkit so called 1.8

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.