Solved [1.9+]Adding custom mob models using resource pack and code?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by moocow9m, Jul 16, 2018.

1. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Retired Resource Staff
    Retired

You can't modify the entity models, but you can modify held item and helmet models. So you could (for example) have a zombie wearing a helmet with a model of whatever you want, and make the zombie invisible.

2. would it be possible to change the shape of the helmet to do things like take up multiple blocks? For example say I wanted the mob to look like the image below(or wider), would it be possible to do this(in a more pixel form)?
    [​IMG]

3. ScarabCoder

Retired

Yep, you can do that.

4. And that would give me the ability to make 364 different models using same trick as above(assuming diamond helmet is used)? Also is there a max size limit I should be aware of(like how many blocks it can take up before an error or cut off)?

5. ScarabCoder

Retired

Nope, it can be as large as you like. However, if the actual entity hitbox is outside of the player's FOV the model won't render.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Thank you for your time, I'm looking into entity hitbox editing now. I will mark this thread as solved.

7. ScarabCoder

Retired

The hitbox is clientside, you can't modify it. It deals with rendering as well as being an actual hitbox.

8. Ok, thanks for the tip. Also do you happen to know about the second question I put?

9. ScarabCoder

Retired

Yes, you can use custom models on projectiles like eggs & snowballs, as long as they get their texture/model from the item model.

10. good call

11. speaking of custom mob models, this is what I'm working on:

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but if you're interested feel free to pm me