1.9 questions

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by SIndybad, May 25, 2015.

1. Will there be 1.9 snapshots of spigot?
    How long will it take to update(1.8 was too long)?

2. There is no Minecraft 1.9 right now. Therefore, there can't be any Spigot 1.9.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dtm

dtm Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

What? There's always going to be the DMCA and BuildTools as far as we know permitting it is still active.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I think he means that the problem is more or less solved. I can't think of any way it would be difficult to simply create a BuildTools for 1.9.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. As long as Craftbukkit contains code that belongs to Wesley Wolfe, the DMCA will remain active.

#5 hamzaxx, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dtm

dtm Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Yeah. I believe BuildTools is set-up in such a way that it doesn't need updates for each version.

Could be wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Even if it does, publishing a new BuildTools is easy.

8. If you remember back in april fools, there was a secret placed into each world of minecraft that showed you what the next big update is which is 1.9 called "The combat update"

9. I completely phrased that wrong, my bad. So long as nothing happens to spigot like what happened to bukkit which won't happen. I didn't explain it well so deleted the post but completely phrased it incorrectly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think you mean 1.7, 1.8 wasn't that long (as I recall except all the DMCA stuff). As long as Mojang doesn't muck things up to bad and make Spigot's job difficult pulling it apart, it shouldn't take that long. Just depends on Mojang.

11. 1.9 will be released when they run out of 1.8.x's (i think the highest they've gone is 1.7.10 so maybe 1.8.10)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

No, it will be released whenever it's half-finished, full of bugs, and Microsoft has figured out a way to make a bunch of $$$ off of it.

I can already feel the sarcastic "optimistic" ratings piling on this post, lol

EDIT: Yup, I was right >.>

EDIT 2: Based on the amount of time they've spent bug-squashing, if my above prediction holds true, I will be very suprised.

#14 Cldfire, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. NEW:

AD'S NOW IMPLEMENTED INTO MINECRAFT! IRREMOVABLE UNLESS YOU PAY A $999.99 MONTHLY FEE

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. I heard something like that. Apparently there adding a bar for servers to broadcast advertisements.

15. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

And Microsoft's money scam begins....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Source?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Plans to replace Wesley's code and re-write it?
    Yes, I know he contributed alot of code but it's not like he wrote all of CraftBukkit.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Can we please get rid of this idea that Microsoft is all about money? They are one of the biggest companies in the world. They have all the money they need. If they wanted heaps of money, they would have made you pay for Windows 10 right from release. Yes of course they need money but they aren't crazy money loving hogs. The only reason people perceive it that way is because Bill Gates (Former CEO, Now Technical Adviser At Microsoft) has a very large bank account.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1