10 Essential Tips and Tricks for IntelliJ IDEA

Discussion in 'Programming' started by DrOverbuild, May 18, 2016.

1. I decided to help the beginners out here and compile a list of the essential things you need to know about IntelliJ.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The last couple tips about jars and such can be replaced for the better with just knowing Maven or Gradle. Good video though. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, well, I don't expect beginners to know how to use Maven or Gradle right off the bat, so this should fill their appetite until they learn those.

4. I understand your view point and in fact I used to hold it, and I don't disrespect the fact that you pointed out the feature but maybe annotating the video and saying that later on you may want to look into maven or gradle when they're more at grips with the language? I don't know, I'm just saying that it's kind of dispersant that the first few features you outlined are something that'll potentially stay with someone forever, whereas the jar ones are quite short lived. Just my two cents, though.

5. When you're the one person who got confused setting up Intellij on first launch and never tried again, even years later.

• Funny Funny x 1