2 Chat Messages

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by SeanTMG, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Hey everyone browsing the forums,

So today I was working on my Skript (that's a plugin) it handles most of my main server aspects (ranks, chat, scoreboard, etc. But I also have PermissionsEx installed to manage group changing and permission adding.
    In the skript I have it set to on chat cancel it and broadcast a message with their name and prefix.

on chat:
    cancel event
    broadcast "{@chatformat}" in player's world

But for some reason 2 messages appear
    one that is the above mentioned method but then also the regular chat with the PermissionsEx prefix.
    I have been messing with things for hours and I can't get rid of that!
    What I've done so far:
    Messed with global mute plugins (didn't work)
    Messed with essentials chat formatting (removing it to just be ' ') (Didn't work)
    Uninstalled EssentialsChat

https://imgur.com/FImyu7e

In the above picture is one chat message but coming through as two.
    The top one is the one I want gone
    The bottom one is generated by my Skript and the one I want to keep

Any Ideas or solutions are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks for your help!!!

2. So I assume that your Skript code is behaving perfectly well...
    Some required information would be your plugin list, as there could be a plugin that is trying to custom handle the chat events as well.
    Furthermore, check your plugin configuration folders to see if there is chat formatting for any of them, and if that formatting matches what shows up in-game.

3. Hi Drkmaster83,

Thanks for your reply!
    my plugins:
    AutorunCommands
    Citizens
    Essentials
    FastAsyncWorldEdit
    HideandCustomPlugins
    KitBattle
    Multiverse
    NametagEdit
    Parkour
    PermissionsEx
    PerWorldPlugins
    PerWorldTabList
    PlugMan
    Protocollib
    ShopGuiPlus
    Skellet
    SkLib
    SkQuery
    SkRayFall
    Skript
    SkUtilities
    Skywars
    Staff+
    TusKe
    UltraCosmetics
    Vault
    ViaVersion
    VoidWorld
    WildSkript
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    xInventories

I have gone through all the plugin configs and have found nothing that hints to getting rid of chat except for the Essentials config so I removed everything in formats to no avail:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: ''
    #format: ''

group-formats:
    # Default: ''
    # Admins: ''

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you need to see it live the server ip is Play.PixelArea.org and should be up 24/7

4. Update:

I was messing around in my skript and found this:

# chat #

chatformat: %colored player's prefix% &7%player% %message%

I removed it and reloaded my skript, it no longer shows the chat message but instead this:

upload_2018-1-14_15-25-6.png

5. FIXED!!!!

I had to reconfigure how my chat broadcasts go through in the skript by removing this:

on chat:
    cancel event
    broadcast "{@chatformat}" in player's world

and replacing it with a different method!

Thanks for your reply anyway!