~

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by latiku, Apr 19, 2017.

1. latiku

Supporter

~

#1 latiku, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. Shockbyte made this banner first
    [​IMG]

Then MelonCube later made this
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't trust a host that can't make their own original promo material.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I doubt that they made the banner themselves, maybe they hired the same graphic designer but anyway, that's not a reason to not give them a try.

You can always buy a server take a look at it run some tests, etc. and if you don't like them just ask for a refund they should have a refund policy most hosting companies do (if not all) also be sure to pay with PayPal so if something happens and they don't give you the money back you can take it from there

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I use MelonCube at the moment! Their support is good and their servers aren't too bad either. It can run most modded and vanilla servers fine as long as you don't load too many chunks at once.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. It's just another OVH reseller. These are getting old, I wouldn't go with them..
    There's no reason to give a website a shout-out if they are litterly the same as Shockbyte, but cheaper.

6. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

In your opinion, is your internet provider just reselling you Level3 + Telia + Cogent bandwidth to your house? Reselling is a broad term, OVH is a dedicated/cloud server provider, companies like Shockbyte and MelonCube are using the network and hardware. There's a reason that companies that own their network and/or servers cost much more than $1.50-4.00/GB for Minecraft servers... unless it's old hardware obviously.

There's bad companies and there's good ones, people that hate OVH just have a bad experience with either their support directly or a company's support that uses them. They have some of the best protection and network compared even to some of the high end networks that charge 2-4x more.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Aight sorry man haha, didn't want to trigger you or something.

8. Sorry for junk post... I don't know anything about this host, but their geography knowledge is at the top. :D
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Not triggered, just correcting misinformation*.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alright buddy, all good.

I have to know which school "they" went to :eek: