9 Years of SpigotMC | Spigot & BungeeCord 1.18-1.18.2 Release

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Nov 22, 2021.

1. My host doesn't provide an option via Multicraft to specify it on the command line. So I just replace the log4j2.xml file in the jar. (It's easy, because I automated it to run as part of the buildtools bat file.)

I'll ask my host to add a -Dlog4j.configurationFile=log4j2.xml option. I don't know if they'll do it.

2. Shaggy67

Benefactor

These are still pre-release builds. Not only is the Spigot team working hard to fix issues, but Mojang are still changing/fixing things. Bugs in pre-release builds are not only normal, but should be expected. That's why they are called pre-release. Given Mojang's past history, this isn't going to be ready for live servers until at least 1.18.1.

I appreciate that Spigot has given us early access to these builds, but I certainly understand why they sometimes hesitate to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I know. I wanted to install remapped jars in .m2 . Looks like moving those jars it needs manually into the folder they should be resolves it, but that's not really user friendly.

4. drives_a_ford

You just need to build without the --remapped flag. If you've already run it once with that flag, it should be present within your local maven repo so you can run it without that flag afterwards.
    I know this to be the case since I also ran into the same exact issue. Figured it was a feature rather than a bug, however.

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

It was a bug, --remapped should no longer affect the executable bootstrap jar.

6. "1.18 release candidate 2 is now available, which fixes an issue with lava lakes."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oof, Nice year! Happy birthday!
    (by the way, Will spigot support all pre-release version?)

8. No.

It released pre5, and pre8, it didn't not release rc1 or pre6 ..

Just read the frontpage of the site to stay up to date.

9. Wow, two release candidates while md_5 is sleeping...

Release Candidate 3:

FIXED BUGS IN 1.18 RELEASE CANDIDATE 3
    MC-242859 - Blocks losing the loot inside them after dying

• Like Like x 1
  10. Two release candidates in the same day is a bit worrying. Seems like they're rushing... how many more issues will they find before Nov 30th?

I suspect we'll see 1.18.1 pretty soon after launch...

11. Well it's 5:40 PM on a Friday in Stockholm, so that's probably all for today.

I bet they're not doing regression testing for each release candidate, so who knows how many bugs they introduced.

• Like Like x 1
  12. md_5

Administrator Developer

13. Ah, there it is.

14. Oops:

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Minecraft Server\Test server 1.18>java.exe -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -Dlog4j.configurationFile=log4j2.xml -jar spigot-1.18-rc3.jar --nogui
    Unbundling libraries to C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Minecraft Server\Test server 1.18\bundler
    Unpacking spigot-1.18-rc3-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar (versions:spigot-1.18-rc3-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar) to C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Minecraft Server\Test server 1.18\bundler\versions\spigot-1.18-rc3-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    Unpacking snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar (libraries:snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar) to C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Minecraft Server\Test server 1.18\bundler\libraries\snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Declared library snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar not found
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.extractJar(Main.java:110)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.checkAndExtractJar(Main.java:101)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.readAndExtractDir(Main.java:92)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.run(Main.java:44)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.main(Main.java:27)
    Failed to extract server libraries, exiting

15. Seems like unbundling snakeyaml 1.30-SNAPSHOT doesn't work like expected.

Code (Text):
    Unpacking snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar (libraries:snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar) to /Users/ysl/mc-server/1_18/bundler/libraries/snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Declared library snakeyaml-1.30-SNAPSHOT.jar not found
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.extractJar(Main.java:110)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.checkAndExtractJar(Main.java:101)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.readAndExtractDir(Main.java:92)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.run(Main.java:44)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.bootstrap.Main.main(Main.java:27)
    Failed to extract server libraries, exiting

16. OK, now it works. Is this called Agile Development?

Looks like EssentialsX is broken in rc3. They don't like the Spigot version string (which is their problem, not Spigot's):

2021-11-26 17:20:14 [ERROR] Error occurred while enabling Essentials v2.19.1-dev+30-e4cf965 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 1.18-rc3-R0.1-SNAPSHOT is not in valid version format. e.g. 1.8.8-R0.1
    at com.earth2me.essentials.utils.VersionUtil$BukkitVersion.fromString(VersionUtil.java:182) ~[?:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.utils.VersionUtil.getServerBukkitVersion(VersionUtil.java:93) ~[?:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.utils.VersionUtil.getServerSupportStatus(VersionUtil.java:143) ~[?:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:250) ~[?:?]

#118 Bobcat00, Nov 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  17. With EssentialsX dead, rc3 is pretty useless.

18. Won't be dead for a long time. You know where the "magic" happens.