Suggestion A few suggestions for the site

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by ImUnAdequate, May 20, 2015.

1. On the search menu there should be a option to allow a global searches so you can look up something and not have to worry about what section your in. Also reviews for resources should have an option for users who post them to be able to remove them. This would be helpful for when someone puts a bad review out but then the resource ends up straightening up. Of course don't allow the resource developer to remove them because that obviously would lead to them deleting bad reviews which would make reviews pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. saphiria

Artist

I like the first idea.

3. The search is global and the removal of reviews was suggested before but denied as the poster could just hide bad but honest reviews.

4. I like both of them
    though a user can review it twice, and only the last review will be shown currently, right?

5. saphiria

Artist

Right. But I think you should only remove it if it's like a bad reason.

6. The search feature was added into Xenforo ages ago (think it came with 1.0). Just untick the bottom box:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Searching from the homepage also does a global search:
    [​IMG]

The review deletion was denied because of the way authors can hide bad reviews which defeats the point of a review system.

7. Well I am not talking about the poster of th resource to be able to remove it I am talking about the person who made the review.

Yea you can review it twice but sadly the old review stays

#7 ImUnAdequate, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  8. if you start second review with "This is my second review: it is better because.... || it is worse because...".. it will be before your first review since they are arranged from last to first... as long as you acknowledge that the review was written and that your view has changed, it has the same effect as deleting honestly. If a person can't be bothered to type an extra 5 words to their review, what makes you think they will be more willing to go through and delete the critical reviews they post?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh well that's strange because that trash can does not show for me

Never mind it seems as if some plugins have it blocked or something.

#11 ImUnAdequate, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  10. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

As stated previously, it is possible to do a global search of the entire forums regardless of what section you are in (see @nfell2009's screenshots).

Also, users are able to delete their own reviews at any time, unless the author replies to the review. Then, the reviewer loses the ability to remove the review. For future reference, if an original reviewer reports their review and asks for it to be removed, we will remove it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. saphiria

Artist

?
    Can the author ask for someone elses review to be removed if it has nothing to do with the plugin and/or isnt fair?

12. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Depends on the context of the review. A review that the author thinks is unfair might not actually be unfair to potential users and/or buyers.

• Informative Informative x 1