A good cheap efficient VPS hosting ?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by zDrakon, May 12, 2015.

1. Does anyone know of any good affordable VPS hosting that can run the minimum of 3 minecraft servers for bungeecord usage? Thanks.

2. Psychz-Jimmy

Supporter

What's your budget for the VPS? Any location in mind?

3. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Running multiple Minecraft servers on a VPS, you might get in trouble if the CPU usage is high, most VPS providers have some threshold that will likely be hit. Why not get a cheap SYS/Kimsufi server if it's in your budget?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Probably around $20... though I will be publishing a premium plugin soon so hopefully thatll make me $$$ Location preferred in California =P

5. Just get a SYS/Kimsufi box like @MikeA said. He's good at this stuff... :p

6. Isnt a SYS a deticated server... its too expensive for now.

7. Psychz-Jimmy

Supporter

There are lots of providers in California, what specs did you have in mind for that budget?

8. http://www.justhost.com/vps

In your opinions do you think this is a good site? I plan to release a plugin soon to make $$$ to pay this website. First month is very affordable =)

9. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

I'll have to go with @MikeA on this one. A VPS isn't the way to go here for a live server, you'll be kicking yourself in the butt if your server is taken down and it's doing well.

Grab the i5 3570S from Kimsufi (in stock now and very close to your budget). It'll be much better than a VPS!

10. Give me the link to this. I'll look into it. Idk whats so bad about a VPS?

11. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Nothing is bad about VPS, but running Minecraft servers isn't the same as running a small web server with a forum on it, the CPU usage can be much higher and most VPS providers have limits in place so containers (VPS) using higher resources won't affect others on the same system. Here is Kimsufi's website ( https://www.kimsufi.com/en/ ), there is other hosts that sell $20-40/m dedicated servers, you just have to search around the web.

12. =O the KS 4 is out of stock! =O

13. You're not likely to find a provider that doesn't cap your CPU usage. Like everyone's been saying, buy a cheap dedi.

If you don't have the budget to setup a server, just save up. Its better to have a good setup later than a crappy setup now ;)

14. Cheap dedicated server.

15. I am sorry, I am a complete noob at getting good servers XD. I just want a hosting service that gives a cheap deticated server that can handle at least 3 servers so I can use bungeecord to make kitpvp, creative, and factions server.

16. What @MikeA recommended should be about as cheap as you can get without sacrificing (too much) quality (at least from the hosts I've seen).

17. Okay thanks. I'll buy the $19.99 one when its in stock and I have money XD!

18. Good luck! :)