A minor issue with chat prefix

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by RobinTrevize, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Hi all,

This is by no means a major emergency but I am stumped.
    Basically I want chat in-game to follow this format "Player group (with colour), Player name (Random colour or same colour as group), Message"

I use PermissionsEX and essentials and they are both running fine, I have fiddled with settings and followed online guides but the chat still isn't displaying properly.

I do have other plugins but nothing that affects chat directly. Is it possible that a different plugin has prefix settings that may be interfering or is there a sure fire fix that someone knows of?

Any help would be appreciated (even if it's things I've already tried tbh, it would be good to go over them with someone again)

Cheers!

2. Try downloading EssentialsChat (download essentials and open the zip file then drop the EssentialsChat.jar file in your /plugins folder

3. I've just done that now and there doesn't seem to be any change. If it helps I can post the relevant sections of the configs here.

############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # | Essentials (Global) | #

# A color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
    ops-name-color: '5'

# The character(s) to prefix all nicknames, so that you know they are not true usernames.
    nickname-prefix: '~ '

# The maximum length allowed in nicknames. The nickname prefix is included in this.
    max-nick-length: 15

# When this option is enabled, nickname length checking will exclude color codes in player names.
    # ie: "&6Notch" has 7 characters (2 are part of a color code), a length of 5 is used when this option is set to true
    ignore-colors-in-max-nick-length: true

# Disable this if you have any other plugin, that modifies the displayname of a user.
    change-displayname: false

# When this option is enabled, the (tab) player list will be updated with the displayname.
    # The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
    #change-playerlist: true

# When EssentialsChat.jar isn't used, force essentials to add the prefix and suffix from permission plugins to displayname.
    # This setting is ignored if EssentialsChat.jar is used, and defaults to 'true'.
    # The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
    # Do not edit this setting unless you know what you are doing!
    add-prefix-suffix: true

# | EssentialsChat | #

# This section requires the EssentialsChat.jar to work.

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '&3[{WORLDNAME}]&7[{DISPLAYNAME}]&f: {MESSAGE}'

# group-formats:
    # Player: '&3[{WORLDNAME}]&f[{GROUP}]&7[{DISPLAYNAME}]&f: {MESSAGE}'
    # Admin: '&3[{WORLDNAME}]&e[{GROUP}]&7[{DISPLAYNAME}]&f: {MESSAGE}'
    # Owner: '&3[{WORLDNAME}]&6[{GROUP}]&7[{DISPLAYNAME}]&f: {MESSAGE}'
    # Builder: '&3[{WORLDNAME}]&d[{GROUP}]&7[{DISPLAYNAME}]&f: {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

groups:
    Owner:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - asedit.all
    ETC ETC (I won't list all the permissions here!)
    - randomtp.*
    options:
    prefix: '&6[OWNER]'
    Admin:
    permissions:
    - asedit.all
    - randomtp.tp
    options:
    prefix: '&e[ADMIN]'
    Builder:
    permissions:
    - asedit.all
    - randomtp.tp
    options:
    prefix: '&d[BUILDER]'
    Player:
    default: true
    permissions:
    - asedit.all
    - randomtp.tp
    options:
    prefix: '&f[PLAYER]'