A plugin that blocks creeper egg griefing while in creative mode.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by GuysImTristan, May 12, 2015.

1. Anyone knows a plugin or a way to prevent creative players from griefing another faction with Creeper eggs etc?

2. If you're trusting players in a faction server to be responsible with creative mode, it's no surprise you're having griefing issues.

It would be exceedingly easy to develop a plugin that only allows players with a certain permission node to use a spawn egg. I would do it for free but I need to sleep. If nobody has made one by tomorrow I'll probably do it.

3. Woah... thanks!

Okay i'll be patient...

4. Yesterday proved to be a bit busy, I will start working on it now. Can't guarantee it will be finished today, though I'll do my best.

5. I actually went a little above and beyond with this one due to the fact I needed to practice some things. I have tested it and everything seems to be working, though please let me know if something is broken. I have created a unique permission node for each individual egg, as well as a toggle-able option to allow or deny spawning mobs from dispensers (this is universal, and it applies to all mobs regardless of type or whose dispenser it is)

It has been compiled against Spigot 1.8.3.

Commands:
    speggpermsreload (reloads config)
    toggledispensereggs (toggles the state of whether dispenser spawns are allowed, writes to config)

Permission nodes (everything default op):
    speggperms.*: everything including reload and toggle commands
    speggperms.reload: allows reloading config
    speggperms.toggledisp: allows toggling worldwide dispenser mob allow/deny
    speggperms.creeper: everything here downward is self-explanatory
    speggperms.skeleton
    speggperms.spider
    speggperms.zombie
    speggperms.slime
    speggperms.ghast
    speggperms.zombiepigman
    speggperms.enderman
    speggperms.cavespider
    speggperms.silverfish
    speggperms.blaze
    speggperms.magmacube
    speggperms.bat
    speggperms.witch
    speggperms.endermite
    speggperms.guardian
    speggperms.pig
    speggperms.sheep
    speggperms.cow
    speggperms.chicken
    speggperms.squid
    speggperms.wolf
    speggperms.mooshroom
    speggperms.ocelot
    speggperms.horse
    speggperms.rabbit
    speggperms.villager

License:
    You may use this plugin freely. If you redistribute it to other people, it must be via the exact link that I give you - no re-uploads or alternate methods allowed. You may not sell it or otherwise take credit for it, however you do not have to credit me for mere usage.

Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg1zj93f7v0ukkq/speggperms.jar?dl=0

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. just blacklist creeper egg, and deny creeper explosion using WorldGuard. That's not an option for you?

7. Theepwner

Supporter

I think he would like players in survival being able to use creeper eggs.

8. ah, i see. then just 5 lines of code.. check player's gamemode and what's in the hand and block all creeperegg interaction in creative mode.

9. wow thanks let me try

10. No i mean jsut in a faction claim not __global__

11. You need to be explicitly clear about what you need when asking about this kind of thing. This includes what faction plugin you use, how your permissions and groups are set up relating to that, and other such details. I went by the information I was able to interpret from your post, which apparently was not clear enough to convey what you needed.