A Plugin to Aid in the Tedious Tasks associated with the Development of Other Plugins

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Z5T1, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Hello,

I can't help but feel that I am not the only dev who finds certain parts of the Bukkit/Spigot development process rather tedious. After years of having to constantly copy my plugin to the plugins directory, switch back and forth from the console to the game, and struggle to test permissions, I realized there has to be a better way to do this. This led me to make a new plugin, DevDaemon, to automate and aid in these annoying tasks. DevDaemon provides you with a way to automatically copy plugins from your workspace to your plugins directory on reload, a simple permissions manager designed specifically to test permissions, a plugin manager, and a sudo command (to run other commands as the console or other players). This plugin has made the development process so much easier for me, and I thought I'd share it so that my fellow developers can benefit from these tools.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/dev-daemon.9072/

Hope you find this helpful!

P. S. I realize this is slightly unorthodox to make a post about a plugin I've written in this section, however I feel that this is the most appropriate place to make this post, as this plugin is targeted towards other developers exclusively.