Bungee - Proxy [Abandonned] FileManager DISCONTINUED

Copy what you want, on another spigot's server

1. Elikill58 submitted a new resource:

FileManager - Copy what you want, on another spigot's server

Read more about this resource...

2. Good plugin idea, but most server owners would just copy and paste their config files with FTP applications.
    Good luck with the plugin ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. smmmadden

Benefactor

I agree with @WulfGamesYT that it sounds like a nice idea. What is the advantage using this plugin versus the server owner copying what they need? I can't think of a reason a player would ever need this as it could be a security risk.

If you could show examples on your Overview tab so users can see the pro/cons of the plugin so they can make an informed decision. Being a multi-server owner/host, there aren't many files I would copy from one server to another if at all.

Also, how are you addressing UAC requirements of Windows Servers and permissions on non-Windows servers?

4. Hello,

Why it could be a security risk ? It's just for config.

Sorry, but i don't understand what you want. There is already an exemple. You want more ?

I didn't think of the UAC (me, there isn't problem with it).

5. smmmadden

Benefactor

The example shows code, not what a player or server owner does. You provided a command but nothing to go with it showing how it works, why someone needs it with a screen shot of it in action. Look at other plugins and you'll see they provide screen shots, steps to do things and explain its purpose.
    File manipulation is at the server level and restricted to UAC and Permissions of the Operating System. If you haven't tested when a server is requiring certain permissions/role to do the action, that's a security risk. Don't assume the server admin is the same as the server owner with different level of permissions. That's where the User Access Control (UAC) and Linux permissions come in. So the question was how is this plugin handling that part of it?

Is this plugin specifically for one type of file or multiple? Ask yourself how a player or server manager/owner would use this and the benefits of it. :)

6. Ah, ok, I will do it when I have time.

This plugin is for all type of file (you can precise the extension).
    If you want to copy the file here : plugins/worldedit/session/mysession.yml, write in config "worldedit\\session\\mysession.yml" :) (it will created all directory ^^).

For the restriction, i don't know if it works. Personally I haven't special restriction, so i can't say "it works all the time" about it. I think that, if java run with the admin permission, it works. Else, I think that it will return error when we will try to refresh file.

And sorry for my bad english, i'm french. If i write a mistake, please tell me were, and how I should do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Code (Text):
    14:15:30 [SEVERE] java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /root\lobby\plugins\UDtitle\/config.yml
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.copy(UnixCopyFile.java:526)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.copy(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:253)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:1274)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at com.elikill58.filemanager.PluginCommand.copyFiles(PluginCommand.java:97)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at com.elikill58.filemanager.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:69)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.dispatchCommand(PluginManager.java:169)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.dispatchCommand(PluginManager.java:116)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at net.md_5.bungee.connection.UpstreamBridge.handle(UpstreamBridge.java:140)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at net.md_5.bungee.protocol.packet.Chat.handle(Chat.java:50)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at net.md_5.bungee.netty.HandlerBoss.channelRead(HandlerBoss.java:103)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:102)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:102)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.handler.timeout.IdleStateHandler.channelRead(IdleStateHandler.java:286)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1359)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:935)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel$EpollStreamUnsafe.epollInReady(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:800)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:404)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:304)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:886)
    14:15:30 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

bungee server linux
    minecraft server win10

java8 PaperSpigot-1.11.2-b1104

8. Hello,
    Thanks for the report.
    This file exist ? (config.yml in UDtitle)
    You're on the latest version ?

9. Yes

10. My server is on a total of three different hosts.
    bungee in linux
    server1 in windows10
    server2 in windows7

I am on the server1.
    /fm refresh Essentials

09:19:39 [SEVERE] java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /root/lobby/plugins/Essentials/config.yml
    09:19:39 [SEVERE] at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)

but..My file is on windows.
    C:\Users\tygh89071388\Desktop\1.11.2SV\plugins\Essentials\config.yml (It is correct)

That plugin can still use it?

11. Hello,
    Oh, i don't know that you can do it.
    It works if in your file is like:
    example_bungee.png
    I didn't foresee such an organization !
    Can you explain (in DM if you want) exactly how it works and where are these servers.

12. Minecraft server performance is not good.
    So I divided it into three servers.

I have a total of three computers.
    Please see the picture.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:

13. I usually send the file to bungee server, Use SSH (putty)
    win10 for win7 use TeamViewer

14. For SSH i know how to do, not TeamViewer.
    I will try to do something but you will must add manually all servers (i can't know that you have a server on other computer else)

15. OK,Have a password !

16. Hello,
    I see, you are still active on Spigot.
    I tried this plugin and it still kind of works... It just struggles with replacing the file if there is already one with the same name.
    Might you be able to fix that or dont you really not want to?
    Also another question, i see its doing a command on windows, but will this work on linux?

17. Hi,

Yes, I'm already active. I don't planned to get back this project, or maybe completly re-code it because I always think it's a good project.

The last version (published 29 jan of 2018) fix issue with linux, so it works now :)

I don't know. I don't know if I already have the source code.