1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Feature Ability to force light updates?

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Puremin0rez, Jan 16, 2013.

?

Would you like the ability to force light updates?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Puremin0rez

As you know, there is an option of turning off/on the random light updates in bukkit.yml (Thanks to Spigot!)

I would love to see a command to force them in a chunk radius around you.

I often have times where lighting will be bugged and won't be naturally fixed for real life days or possibly even never.

The ability to force light updates would be very appreciated and a great feature to have.

(@Anyone - Don't recommend NoLagg! I don't want to use it solely for the fix light feature.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Still support this request.
    I've a lot(!) of lighting-glitches and would very happy about a command to fix the entire world or a chunk radius.

3. Puremin0rez

Yeah, it's one of those things where its really annoying and irks the hell out of you.

I've found out that letting water "flow" over lighting glitched spots can help get rid of some of them, but if the light is bugged out at a higher block then ground level, that's kind of hard to do unless you start worldediting spheres of water.

Hope someone can implement this eventually, via PR or directly.