About BugeeCord proxy servers and GeoDNS

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by Theprim0, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Hello there, im quite new in this world of BungeeCord connections.

So, let's suppose i have 2 dedicated servers. One in Spain and one in Texas.
    How could i set up this to work as 1 server? With this i mean, i want the players connect to
    play.mynetwork.com and send them to the nearest server to get the best ping (GeoDNS).

The thing about the GeoDNS i think cloudflare can do this with a paid plan, but what about the server setup?

I'm sure I should create 1 BungeeCord servers in each location (1 on Spain and 1 on Texas). And then some plugin that connects stats between them(to get the total players in tab list maybe). Does RedisBungee do this kind of?

Im having headaches thinking about this these days. Will be very helpful to understand how big networks manage things like this.

Thanks! This could be useful for more than one.

2. AWS Route 53 will end up being cheaper for geodns

3. Actually i was just reading a post from you about the AWS Route 53. Looks good and. Not sure this comes into the first 12 free months
    Also i need to find out about how could i make the BungeeCord connections. Thanks for the response!

4. Route 53 does not come in the free tier, however it is super cheap at $0.70/million queries