Resource (ACF - BETA) Annotation Command Framework

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Aikar, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Well, for any brave testers... 0.5.0 has been deployed. Please see migration guide ^ and if anyone can confirm they've updated to it and not seeing problems, I'll start updating recommended version numbers.

Note until I publish the versions as recommended, consider this a beta of a beta, so I may still introduce API breaks if I feel like I need to, but shouldn't be anything large.

2. optimistic wagon

3. Don't do Kotlin... it's so shit.. just use normal shit..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Here comes the triggered kotlersss ;)

6. "Kotlers"

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. electronicboy

IRC Staff

I believe that this framework should push kotlin support over java support because I wanna shill Kotlin because... errrm.... SCREW YOUR OPINIONS or something like that. *adjusts tie*

8. Except no one is doing that, so go away with your shitty strawmans

9. MiniDigger

Supporter

only if you go away with your shitty kotlin

10. Annnnndddd now everyone is triggered and turning a simple light hearted exchange into a back and forth argument.... Damn I love the spigot community, never ceases to impress...

And also no, Kotlin isn't shitty...

11. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Go back to cobol!

I'm meming for the... reasons... *looks at Aikar*

12. Do your own fork in Kotlin and stop with this. (to everyone asking for Kotlin)

13. electronicboy

IRC Staff

It's almost as if this entire kotlin thing is a joke...
    Except for MiniDigger, he actually loves living in the past, heck; he even uses Cobol! So, he has a hatred for anything that's been developed after his own birthday

14. I haven't read half of this :rolleyes:

15. MiniDigger

Supporter

> assuming cobol is not the future
    > assuming kotlin is the future

dude, you know that the foundation of our entire economy is build upon cobol, right? cobol is what keeps this world spinning!

16. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Aren't you working on replacing a massive chunk of that at your company *because* it's what old and nobody really wants to touch it anymore? ;P

17. MiniDigger

Supporter

we are not activly working on migration stuff away from the mainframe, no. we actually still develop new applications in cobol on the mainframe.
    we are switching j2e platforms and while at that modernising our whole pipeline.
    we get proper eclipse (not the bastared ibm version), jboss instead of websphere, git instead of svn, maven instead of our own crappy solution that would just checkout all dependencies into your workspace as source. we even get future stuff like jenkins and docker :D

18. Those pushing for kotlin are saying it from a more jokish perspective as its a running irc thing about kotlin "being superior to Java. "

They know that a kotlin version isn't going to improve usability of this framework.

• Winner Winner x 1