Spigot AcidRain V1.4.0.2

Death from above. Rain is acid, water is acid. Acid.

1. Tastybento submitted a new resource:

AcidRain - Death from above. Rain is acid, water is acid. Acid.

Read more about this resource...

2. Great PLugin! Good Job!

3. @Tastybento Found an interesting issue/bug/glitch was in a Savannah M biome did /weather storm no rain graphics clearly but the pain from the rain came! Is it possible to set a message the tells the server "here comes the storm" when the storm triggers so they know that its time to get the heck in cover?

4. Ah, actually, in the dry biomes you shouldn't feel the pain. I need to add that one to the list of dry biomes. This 1.0 is just a quick version, and I'll put out a better version next time.

5. Tastybento updated AcidRain with a new update entry:

Bug fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. @Tastybento since boats are entities is there any way we can set them to dissolve in the acid after a certain amount of time :p

7. @Tastybento once the rain touches you and get you get to shelter you die and animals are not taking damage as for monsters I am not sure..

8. Boats are entities, but there doesn't appear to be a damage/health to them as far as I can see right now. So, it'd need to be a more complicated set up to implement. Not impossible, but I want to fix this bug first vvv

9. Sorry, I fixed one and broke something else. I'll put out a fix now.

10. Tastybento updated AcidRain with a new update entry:

Bug fix

11. currenty working on MC1.11 Latest SPIGOT
    Any chance in the near future you can get it to work on Multi-worlds
    thanks for plugin
    Want to set up apocalypse world of mole people next
    #############################################################################
    # Config for AcidRain V1.3
    ##############################################################################

# General settings
    general:
    # Name of the world where acid rain falls
    worldName: world
    #Only one world

# Ops receive damage from acid
    damageops: false
    #Should allow creative mode immunity

# Acid damage to player per second by being in acid if they have no armor on.
    # A full-health player has 20 health points. Players will regen some health
    # so the default will give players about 3 seconds to get out the acid
    # 0 = no damage, 10 = default damage, 20 = instant death
    aciddamage: 3
    #Oh NO ! I am melting ..... fall-in don't die straight away ??

# Damage that monsters will experience.
    mobaciddamage: 4
    #Oh NO ! I am melting .....don't die straight away ?? - but you can build moat .. around castle ect

# Damage that rain does. Acid rain. That's the name of this plugin and where the
    # acid water comes from. If you think this should be zero, delete this plugin and
    # go install a pet plugin or something.
    raindamage: 0
    #NO rain damage but applied damage

# Damage that animals will experience in acid.
    animaldamage: 0
    #NO rain damage animals immune

# Damage chickens in acid - true or false - chickens tend to go swimming...
    damagechickens: false
    #Poor damaged chickens

# Damage type to apply in addition to acid damage
    # Types can be : SLOW, SLOW_DIGGING, CONFUSION, BLINDNESS, HUNGER, WEAKNESS and POISON
    # If you just want these to act, then make the acid damage 0 above
    # Note - these are potion effects and so can be cured by milk
    damagetype:
    - confusion
    - slow
    # Now everyone like me slow and confused
    Edit: had to change rain damage to 1 - so potion effects work - but you knew that - right.........lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Known limitations

• Only works for one world

#12 DaDMaR777, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tastybento updated AcidRain with a new update entry:

Multi-worlds and Creative Mode protection

13. Okay, done!

14. Show-off !!! :rolleyes:
    Thank You :D
    Verrrrry much....................but its not my birthday..........L:confused:L

Users need to delete previous config.yml - working GoooooooooooD !

#15 DaDMaR777, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hi, i asked DaDMaR777 if it was a good idea to add permissions like certain groups that can have - AcidRain.immune or even a switchable option for groups or even users that can disable the acid effect if they need testing something. We both have our own server and do really like the plugin, but we both feel that there should be a little control. Shutting down the plugin is no option, and i would not want to deny the awesome death when skinnydipping in Acid!!!
    Thanks...

• Like Like x 1
  16. My two cents worth ......I would like as above......some permissions - change effect / duration of effect / reload plugin / admin control
    Plus some way......to trigger the potion effects.....without the rapid - 1 to 20 damage count down - Zero damage or adjustable time before damage

it is called "acidrain" but ..........it can be so much more........... (I still want Castles with mob proof moats)

Other potion effects could be fun too
    Everyone invisible for 3:00 minutes
    Everyone come out in to the Regeneration / Healing rain .....lol
    Everyone 3:00 min of any potion effect ... could be used or misused... with some weird results
    Random potion effect ...........keep you guessing....is it safe this time

{now now little Timmy, Mama says " just remember you don't need to hurt people all the time.....its not like Acid Island you know"}
    Thanks for the plugin and your time............

17. And not quoting Giligan's Island???

18. Tastybento updated AcidRain with a new update entry:

Health bug fix

19. @Tastybento , is it possible to even turn small lakes that have no connection to other water , acidfree? like salt and fresh water has different effects on some fish? Like when you run for your live and got accidently on fire, tripping over a spider, nearly landed on that one and only cactus, jumping in acid water, does not particulary heal you, ok from the flames, but it is still not safe... So to speak, your plugin would become an worthfull adversary to other plugins... (plus the other permission thingies above?) :rolleyes: Thanks man!!!