Suggestion actually enforce the speak english rule

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by clx_, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i don't think i need to say something.
    i don't hate staff <3 @Gianluca

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MiniDigger

Supporter

there is a report button. use it.

3. foncused

Moderator Patron

In my mind, the rules are pretty clear - to keep posted content in English as much as possible. The rules request users not proficient in English to use a translator before posting, and that others should not harass or make discriminatory remarks towards these users.

If you find untranslated content, feel free to report it. The staff (forums + resources) are very report-driven when it comes to moderation. This means that unless offending content is reported, we may not even see it unless we stumble upon it.

The "English" rule in particular is (in my opinion) not really that offending unless it is broken repetitively or deliberately. I feel it is important to remember that, at the end of the day, users are only looking for some sort of technical assistance or advice. Punishing them for unintentionally omitting a translation seems a bit harsh to me. Moreover, I would personally consider harassment or discriminatory remarks towards these users to be more offending than their lack of English proficiency.

Just my two cents.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.