Spigot Advanced Armor Stands 1.17.6.0

Easy editing of armor stands and player heads!

1. Sorry for the late response. You can do this by placing armorstands, giving them tools in their hands and then make the armor stands invisible.

2. Falyrion updated Advanced Armor Stands with a new update entry:

Advanced ArmorStands Update for Spigot 1.8

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Falyrion updated Advanced Armor Stands with a new update entry:

Advanced ArmorStands Update for Spigot 1.16

4. Falyrion updated Advanced Armor Stands with a new update entry:

Advanced ArmorStands Update for Spigot 1.8 - Permission changes

5. Falyrion updated Advanced Armor Stands with a new update entry:

Advanced ArmorStands Update for Spigot 1.16 - Permission changes

6. We seem to be having an issue with Permissions. The menu half works and they are not able to do.

Nothing in the menu works, but commands do. I even gave the new aa.edit permission.

Using 1.16.2

*Everything worked fine for the version I left my review for. I am not sure when this started happening*

PS: May I please request specific perms to still be functional? I let all my players use this plugin- and some commands such as the TP and Clone I can not have everyone use. Could be used for exploits or duping.

#66 Ajsmith0429, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  7. So when you turn permissions off the players can not open the menu anymore but they can use the commands? Or just not click on anything in the menu? This is a weird bug, since i did not change any of the code, just the name of the permission. Also on my test server it works fine. What Permission Plugin are you using? I can try to figure it out.

Okay that's a good point you have there. I thought i simplify the permissions because most servers would restrict permissions in whole areas and that would make it simpler to use. But you're right on this, i will re-add it. Just might take one or two days because i want to see if any other bugs are reported.

In the meantime i suggest you keep using the older version with all the old permission nodes. There are no differences in functionality, just the permissions changed.

8. I will wipe the config and all permission nodes and get back to you. Thank you for considering my recommendation!

Update: So no permissions work in the Menu. Only commands work. Using LuckPerms

Also, the Help Menu says there is a /aa pickup but the command does not exist.

FINAL UPDATE: So the menu works now. I was under the assumption you ONLY needed aa.edit but turns out you needed several more.

#68 Ajsmith0429, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  9. Okay that's weird. You should only need "aa.edit".

I tested it with LuckPerms too. The plugin was coded so "aa.edit" should grant access to the menu and all commands and "aa.head" should give access to the head-command. On default they are both set to "true" for everyone. There are no other permission nodes in the plugin (until i re-add the tp and clone ones). But if you got it working it's all good i guess. :D

10. Hmm that's so weird. I had to add the aa.arms permission. Thank you for getting back!

11. i want the previous fine-grained permissions back.
    i like the option for a 'you only need one node to use this' mentality, but it also takes away the ability to moderate the additional functionality you previously had.

12. I found the bug causing this. I'll upload a new version of the plugin soon. Also i re-added the teleport and clone permission as you requested (and some other permissions).

Thank you for your feedback! I re-added some permissions to cover most things, but still try to keep it more simple. See Update log.

13. Falyrion updated Advanced Armor Stands with a new update entry:

Advanced ArmorStands Update for Spigot 1.8 - Permission changes and Bug Fixes

14. Falyrion updated Advanced Armor Stands with a new update entry:

Advanced ArmorStands Update for Spigot 1.16 - Permission changes and Bug Fixes

15. cowgod

Supporter

Is it possible to remove the "Heads" and "Documentation" icons from the menu completely? I don't want players able to see or click on either of those.

Can you also add a permission node for /aa info? I don't want players able to click a link to an external website.

Lastly, is it possible to make the armor stands invulnerable when players are in creative mode?

#75 cowgod, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  16. When you set the permission node "aa.head" to false, the head icon also disappears from the menu. I didn't plan to disable the documentation one yet.

You can not make armor stands invulnerable for players in creative mode with my plugin. But creative mode users can break everything so you would need a special plugin like WorldGuard to protect the whole area.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. i don't see any info about this on the plugin page,
    do you think you could add support for PlotSquared (specifically version 5)
    so people cant edit armorstands that are outside of plots they have access to
    unless im missing something and you do have this feature

18. There is no build in support for that. I don't know much about PlotSquared but with most protection plugins (like world guard) you can deny permissions in a specific area. So you could set the permissions of my plugin only for the plot owners to true.

19. That wouldn't really work out well. looking through plot squared's settings, there's no way to do that automatically. this also wouldn't be feasible to do manually. people are constantly creating new plots, deleting some, and adding and removing members to the plots

I used to use this armorstands plugin, but it was never officially updated to 1.16, or PlotSquared v5
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/armor-stand-tools.2237/

someone did update it to 1.16.2 (but not .3) and PS v5 since it was open source
    https://github.com/St3venAU/ArmorStandTools/issues/34

I do like your plugin much better. its easier to understand how to use for my playerbase

20. #80 Lud00, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020