Spigot Advanced Weather BETA 1.3

Makes minecraft weather much more dangerous.

1. Odogo submitted a new resource:

Advanced Weather - Makes minecraft weather much more dangerous.

Read more about this resource...

2. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

This plugin could be very useful. It would be very nice to have control of random weather generation. Suggestions/requests:
    • Make version numbers consistent. Download page lists BETA 1.2, but plugin.yml lists 0.4.0.
    • Update to Spigot 1.13.2 (1.14 is right around the corner). AW 0.4.0 produces a fatal error with Spigot 1.13.2.
    • Make update checker a configurable option.
    • Document a fully commented config.yml. The 0.4.0 file has only one entry
      Code (YAML):
      default-enabled-world: world
      which raises questions:
      • Does the plugin work in only one world?
      • If not, how are other worlds specified?
    • Make configuration options -- per world -- to control the random periodicity and min/max length of storms.
    • Make configuration option to control printing of forecast to chat, including separate control of colors (or none) and sound (or none).
    • Make configuration option to control printing forecast to console/log.
    • Make configuration option to control printing debugging information (ie., calculations) to console/log.
    • Make all message strings, including prefix, localizable (ie., lang.yml or messages.yml or ...).

#4 SlimeDog, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  3. I do know that it will not work with 1.13.2 yet, I will get to that but in a later update. My plan is the 2.0 release.

The plugin assumes that the server has only one world that is the "main world" where everyone is. I can add a release for this, but it will take some time.

That is smart, I will do that as soon as possible.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Just a notice update, Here are the things that I will most likely be adding to the plugin.

• Configuration changes (requested by SlimeDog), My plan is to add configurable min and max chances for the rain. You will be able to set the range of chance between the min and max. The default will most likely be between 50 (min) to 100 (max). This can be changed via the config.
    • lang.yml addition (requested by SlimeDog), I want to thank SlimeDog for giving me this idea. I usually do fixed messages but customizability is probably more preferred with people in the community.
    • Support for 1.13 and 1.14, when it releases. I will try to add support for 1.13.x, I haven't really touched on 1.13, but my understanding is that it's the same? You'll have to give me time for this support.

These are updates that are going to be a priority for updates (besides 1.13 support).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Update on the version of "BETA 1.3".

Yes, I did work on it. I had to rewrite some of it (especially the loop), just to fit in the configuration parts. The configuration was changed a lot. I added more customizable options inside.

The only thing that is slowing me down, are placeholders. I need to use placeholders for the messages.yml file otherwise, it will look a lot weirder. My plan is to release "BETA 1.3" out tonight. No promises, but I hope to.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I've also noticed in the 1.2 release that regardless if it says thunder or not, it will thunder regardless. I forgot to make a check to see if it was either thundering or just rain. That check was fixed in the 1.3 release.

7. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Absolute requirements:
    • Spigot 1.13.2 (and "sometime in 2019" 1.14) support
    • Multi-world support, each with different randomness

8. As I said earlier, I will add support in the 2.0 release. But again, thanks for the ideas!

9. I am currently working on the 2.0 version of this plugin. It WILL support 1.13, but not 1.14 as it is buggy. Until 1.14 is fixed, I will add support to it.
    Also a few new additions to the plugin, besides 1.13 support, will be...
    • Commands to control the weather.
    • Commands to control the forecast of the next day.
    • Changing the lang.yml file to allow more availability and customizability.
    • Additions to the main config.yml file and changing it as well.
    Support for multiple worlds is not implemented yet. There will be support for that in a future update.
    I hope to also add the environmental effects, such as during cold temperatures, a player requires to have some sort of shirt and/or leggings on. Otherwise, they will start taking damage from hypothermia. I will also be doing the same thing with during hot temperatures, a player required to have no shirt and/or leggings on.

Of course, it depends on you, the... "server owner"? to decide only pants, shirt, or both, and will be changeable in the config.

If you have any other suggestions, you may send me a message on Spigot, or just send a message in this thread.

Enjoy the rest of your day/afternoon!

- Odogo, the creator of the plugin.

10. How to add more than 1 world?
    Thank you

11. As of now, there is no multi-world support. I do plan to add it in the future, but at the current state of the Beta 1.3, there is no multi-world support.