Advertising // What to buy?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by NaJated, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Hey fwends,

I have about $70 to spend on advertising for my server once it's in a more solid state.
    What does everyone suggest investing this into? Was thinking about 2 hours on Minecraft-server-list.com or maybe a few youtubers?

Thanks,
    Nathan xD

#1 NaJated, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. For £35 you won't get a lot of advertisement on websites with a high traffic these days.
    I'd suggest to use it to improve your server with it by either buying plugins or hiring a dev to make a custom plugin.
    Make sure your server stands out.

- Alex

3. With that sort of budget Project Wonderful is your best bet. It allows you to bid on ad spots at the top of popular server lists. By bidding a small amount on several of them you can get really good value traffic. You can get like 1000+ unique views for something like 60 cents if you spend some time optimising it.

This explains that and a few other options in more detail: http://www.mcserver.tools/tips/best-ways-to-advertise-a-minecraft-server

*If you need some more help on Project Wonderful do say, I can post a few screenshots of some of my past bids. :)

4. Ya, on my last server (2+/yrs ago) I had $20 to spend so I spent it on Project Wonderful and amazing results,
    40+ Unique players a day!

I advertised on minecraftservers.org (They dont use PW anymore cause there greedy:mad:)

• Agree Agree x 1