Bukkit AlchemicalArrows 3.1.1

Aims to improve the bow vs bow combat experience while staying true to Minecraft's vanilla mechanics

1. Choco

Junior Mod

2008Choco submitted a new resource:

AlchemicalArrows - This plugin is meant to improve the Bow vs. Bow combat experience. Use techniques, strategic maneuve

Read more about this resource...

2. Choco

Junior Mod

2008Choco updated AlchemicalArrows with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Choco

Junior Mod

Optimization / Changes Update

4. Choco

Junior Mod

5. Choco

Junior Mod

Recipe exploit fixes

6. Choco

Junior Mod

messages.yml and Crafting Permissions

7. Choco

Junior Mod

Permission node / Crafting recipe fixes

8. Can you add "Esplosive Arrow" (TNT + Arrow) and Poison Arrow (spider eye + Arrow)?

9. JBS

JBS

Hi, i've tested all arrows but three of them doens'nt work perfect. The Death Arrow is not craftable (it is enabled in the config). When a water arrow, necrotic arrow or darkness arrow are shot to a player nothing happens. Can you fix this please?

10. Choco

Junior Mod

These are arrows I considered doing at some point in time. There was a problem though. I considered doing these BEFORE 1.9 release. The reason I don't want to do poison arrow is because there is a poison tipped arrow in 1.9, so really there's no point in duplicating an arrow. Same thing goes for my darkness arrow which I will have to change, as at the moment it just causes blindness. The explosive arrow however, I considered this one a bit more. My only hesitation was WorldGuard and explosions. I've actually been able to prevent explosions in one of my plugins though (LockSecurity), so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to integrate it into WorldGuard. I'll MAYBE make this. Not a guarantee though.

1. Death arrow has the be crafted with a wither skull, not a regular skull (just assuming). If it isn't working, I may have messed up the crafting recipes while changing around permission nodes
    2. You won't notice any effects for any of these arrows for the following reasons:
    • Water Arrow: The water arrow's effects are only noticeable underwater
    • Darkness Arrow: These arrows blind the other player, and they only display particles on hit
    • Necrotic Arrow: The arrow's ability is hard to notice, but all hostile mobs in a 50 block radius are instantly hostile towards the damaged player
    You can read up on the effects of the arrows here

11. JBS

JBS

Ok, thnxs. I used a wither skeleton head for the crafting but doesn't work. The other arrows should work.

12. JBS

JBS

Tested the death arrow with permissions but also didn't work. Can you help me please?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Choco

Junior Mod

I'll check it out during my development session today and see if I can replicate the issue. I'm going to be working mainly on LockSecurity, but I'll be sure to look at your issue as well

EDIT:
    So... I'm officially an idiot. I removed the byte data when creating the recipes. You can make it with a skeleton skull. Lol. I will release a fixed version in a few hours later tonight

#13 Choco, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Choco

Junior Mod

@JBS

Fixes and new config option

15. Choco

Junior Mod

General Error/Bug Fixes

16. Choco

Junior Mod

AlchemicalArrows 2!!! Complete rewrite!

17. @2008Choco you plan to add 1.8 support too pls?

18. Choco

Junior Mod

Unfortunately, due to the limitations of 1.9, there is no backwards compatibility. However, the last version of AlchemicalArrows works with 1.8 and essentially has the exact same features. There's just no way I can make 1.8 and 1.9 work together through code

19. Choco

Junior Mod

Yes, that's because AlchemicalArrows 2 BETA-1 is strictly to be used on 1.9. I told you, there is no 1.8/1.9 compatibility due to the main and secondary hands, as well as the new particle API. There's unfortunately no way around it. If you'll notice all the recently updated Spigot plugins, when they upgrade to 1.9, their changelogs will often contain "dropped 1.8 support" for that very reason.