All configs turning into 0

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by PatrickMSM, Feb 16, 2020.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

If the configs are corrupt all you can do is reset them or restore from a backup

2. I don't have backups so ill try to delete all config folders ok?

3. md_5

Administrator Developer

Sure

4. You should definitely create backups. If your hosting provider doesn’t offer a backup feature, you can use a plugin such as EasyBackup. :coffee:

5. I usually would think that manually copying files are better, tried a lot of these plugins before and they would usually mess up at some point. Such plugins can also cause a huge storage problem if the backups aren't automatically deleted after a certain period of time

All? Usually that would be a weird character you placed inside one of your plugin config files, but for this one, I think it's either the spigot.yml or bukkit.yml (Correct me if I'm wrong) that's causing problems, so if you were to delete your entire plugins folder, it still wouldn't work if spigot.yml or bukkit.yml still has weird characters. But first, try with the plugins first, if it still has problems, you can take a look at your spigot.yml and bukkit.yml. Or just any .yml files that are required to start the server (bukkit.yml, spigot.yml, commands.yml)

6. Manually deleting old backups every once in a while isn’t difficult, and EasyBackup can delete old backups automatically anyway.

If you don’t want that and you host your server on your own machine, you can use a simple script that makes a ZIP archive of your entire server folder every once in a while. EssentialsX also comes with a backup feature but requires you to use a backup script; you can find those online. :coffee:

7. Hmm okay, it's fine, I mean... We all have different opinions, I don't wish to start any arguments with the community. :coffee:

8. Im hosting on my pc.

9. Hey, that’s my thing! You can’t just steal my thing like that. :coffee:

10. A plugin would work then.

Sir, I indeed can honestly. :coffee: