1.16.5 Allow players to hit through other players

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by EmeraldWitherYT, Jun 30, 2021.

1. In my plugin, I need it so players can interact through other players (such as block placing, breaking etc), while still being visible. Now I am aware of the hidePlayer() method, but I need the player to be seen. Is this possible without NMS and packets?
    If not, can I make it so the glow effect and the prefix (provided by Teams from a scoreboard) will still be shown?

2. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not possible. For the glow effect, maybe with packets yes, but prefix i dont think so either.

3. I agree here.

The client handles so damn much, so the second you attempt to "break" a block in your line of sight, the target player is going to take damage.
    Sure you could cancel this, but then you arent really going to get that breaking block animation. You could do some hacky tacky methods to achieve something close, but at the end of the day, its probably going to look like utter shit

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Alright, then what I will do is just not allow the player to get in a 3 block radius of the player (this is fine for what I am doing). Thanks guys.