Spigot AlternateBlocks [Integrated API] [1.7 + 1.8] 1.6.3

Control which blocks are visible to certain players

1. inventivetalent submitted a new resource:

AlternateBlocks - Alternate Blocks for specific Minecraft versions. Only client-side changes

Read more about this resource...

2. I have a question about this, does this keep the characteristics of the block that is replaced? I was wondering if I could make a glowstone block textured as something else, and light would still be displayed.

3. @BigDrewBurt
    Unfortunately not. It replaces the block received by the client completely, including its characteristics.
    Maybe I'll add an option to create a separate light source next to replaced light-blocks in a future version.

4. WOW Rly Rly Rly Rly Awesome 5 Start xD
    I think i will say Best Developer :)
    THX :)

~xM7MDCRAFTxKSA

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hey! I was wondering if maybe you can add feature for per permission not per protocol. I'm wanting to make a secret wall for admins

6. Great Idea, I'll add that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. how specific can we get with the versions in the config?
    could i say 1.8.1 clients see this and 1.8.7 clients see that? jw, could have some fun with it but nothing important jw
    also, what happens when players break those blocks? etc

8. You can't be that specific about the versions. It is based on the protocol version and, as you can see, 1.8 - 1.8.6 is #47. But you can have different blocks for 1.7.1 - 1.7.5; 1.7.6 - 1.7.10; 1.8 - 1.8.6.
    If you want a more specific system, you can use the permissions.
    If the player breaks the block, they do exactly that. If there's a 'real' block (not air) it will simply break as usual.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Thanks for made this Plugin, I Like it!!

10. Why are you spamming plugins with this

• Like Like x 1