Alternative ClearLag plugin?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by danielfr789, May 24, 2015.

1. Just wondering if there is an alternative to ClearLagg as the developer doesn't seem to be updating his project as much as he used to. I tried searching under "lag" and I couldn't find any good results.

2. This is something Spigot Timings says:

Spigot introduces a major feature called Entity Activation Range that lets you specify ranges away from a player that an entity will enter "inactive" state, meaning it will slow down its activity. Any inactive entity will reduce its performance cost by up to 95%! This can be a major savings in terms of performance on servers that have lots of entities.

With Entity Activation Range, it is no longer necessary to use ClearLagg to wipe out every entity on a schedule, as you can instead set the Misc setting for your world to be lower, such as 4. This will make items on the ground not cause you any lag!

Additionally, setting the animals setting lower to such as 12, will greatly reduce impact from animal farms. And finally, you can safely lower monsters to about 24 without any real noticable impact.

Lowering these settings will lower the "Active Entities" summary at the top of this report, and will give a much better TPS.

Just look in the spigot.yml and try some different values.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Okay I will try this out. Thank you for the advice! :)